Novi Radioshack closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Heads up everyone, the Radioshack store at 10 Mile / Meadowbrook is closing up shop. They are having a clearence sale with everying 30-60% off. All scanners (including both digital models) are 30% off.

Enjoy the sale.

EC-7

HAHAHA!!! I was the store manager of that rat hole about a year ago. I'm glad to see that place close. It never did any business (like a lot of RS stores now) and I new it was comming for a while. I was one of the few managers in the last 5-6 years that actualy made some kind of profit out of that store, and then we had our 1st child, so I resigned and decided to be Mr. Mom.

subter

If anyone is looking at buying a scanner you better get down there quick. I was just there this morning and the store is getting pretty picked over. They have 1 2096 left for $300 and about 3 other misc. lower end models. Great deal on that 2096 if you're looking for one. Plus they are giving out $10 of $25 or more coupons for use at the other Novi location.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
I was never impressed with the store, but I kept going because it was the closest. They were almost always out of whatever I needed. They didn’t stock a lot of things other stores did. It probably took me around 5 trips to finally get my pro-96. Should have saved gas and just ordered it.

MacombMonitor

I think some of these stores are playing games with pricing/discounts. I went to the Radio Shack at M59 (Hall Rd.), and Mound Rd. At the time, the sign in the windows said "Everything In The Store, 20-40% Off", yet when I inquired on big ticket items, like digital scanners..."Oh, those are 10% off." Then I went back the other day, and the sign was updated to 40~60% off. When I inquired about the price on a PRO-2054, low end scanner, he said it was $99.97. I told him that is the current price on the web site, so it should be $99.97 - 40%. He said no, every store does their pricing different. He said it didn't matter what the price on the Internet was, or what it is in other stores. Each store decides what the beginning price is prior to applying the discount.

Something doesn't sound right to me.

born_again_scanner

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about the M59 Store but I got my first Pro-96 at the novi store a week ago for the posted discount of 30% ( Wow !). But iy=t was also the last Pro96 and they only had 1 2096 left.

garryd451

Pokagon, Michigan, half way between Niles and Dowa
MacombMonitor said:
I think some of these stores are playing games with pricing/discounts. I went to the Radio Shack at M59 (Hall Rd.), and Mound Rd. At the time, the sign in the windows said "Everything In The Store, 20-40% Off", yet when I inquired on big ticket items, like digital scanners..."Oh, those are 10% off." Then I went back the other day, and the sign was updated to 40~60% off. When I inquired about the price on a PRO-2054, low end scanner, he said it was $99.97. I told him that is the current price on the web site, so it should be $99.97 - 40%. He said no, every store does their pricing different. He said it didn't matter what the price on the Internet was, or what it is in other stores. Each store decides what the beginning price is prior to applying the discount.

Something doesn't sound right to me.

Radio Shack used to have Company owned stores and also Franchise owned store. Tne Franchised own stores could do their own pricing.

Sears does this with their catalog stores, their prices are sometimes higher.

KC8NIY

Stores that are closing are NOT being run under RadioShack pricing regulations. The entire inventory for each store was purchased by a liquidator, and they can adjust prices to whatever they see fit for the market/ sell rate of products still in stock.

The liquidator will be the ones stuck with the product once the store officially closes its doors, not RS. Not that the "Everything In Stock xx% Off" signs aren't misleading if the in-store pricing is different. That's just silly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.