Novice ? About Uniden 436 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltdgc

I apologize in advance for these questions, but I'm new to the 436 and can't easily find the answers anywhere:
1. How to quickly program Oakland PD? I can hear agencies based upon my zip code just fine, but want to add OPD.
2. How do I lock out an agency that interrupts my scanning with a continuous beep? I have adjusted squelch to no avail.
3. Can I use my Mac to do the updates to the 436?

Thanks in advance.

robocop80

Uniden 436 Programming

Hey Man,

I am also located in Concord and I am familiar with the Uniden Scanners. If you would like some assistance, let me know and Ill be happy to meet up wtih you somewhere local and help you.

Let me know

bharvey2

I haven't had a Uniden scanner in many years. -Been using RS PRO models. That said. I suspect the programming has some similar concepts. When I bought my latest scanner, a Pro 668, I had a similar problem. (I'm in San Leandro) The default "bank" for my zip code had way too many talk groups (analog and digital) active. I "unselected" all of the groups that I didn't want to hear. It wasn't a squelch issue. Once I did that, I could hear the few talkgroups I was interested in monitoring without getting interrupted by unwanted chatter.

Since robocop80 is close by and familiar with Uniden scanners, you might want to take him up on his offer.

ltdgc

Hello,
Thanks for the offer to help! I can be available just about any day of the week between 1000 and 1300 hours.
Regards,
David

rwier

I apologize in advance for these questions, but I'm new to the 436 and can't easily find the answers anywhere:
1. How to quickly program Oakland PD? I can hear agencies based upon my zip code just fine, but want to add OPD.
2. How do I lock out an agency that interrupts my scanning with a continuous beep? I have adjusted squelch to no avail.
3. Can I use my Mac to do the updates to the 436?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum there Post #1 !!! No apology needed, that's what the Forums are for.

Question 1 and 2 sound like you are using the Data Base for scanning. Not my area of knowledge. Question 3 the same (beats me).

If, however, sometime in the future, you feel ready to embrace the Favorite List System using your Sentinel Software, post a similar request referencing the 436, your location, and the agencies you want to monitor. In short order your listening pleasure and success will blossom exponentially (personal opinion, not universally accepted).

Status
Not open for further replies.