novice bought radio,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
hi...i ordered the "icom id 5100a deluxe". ... i read its 2meter 70cm. if diff tell me please. hope i made decent choice.

need pc cable and bluetooth board which i have to place inside radio which i think finds near repeaters in menu along with other funtions. bet both pieces $150 easy.

i need power now which looking and a simple dual band antenna till i figure out what ill do on roof.

received my callsign today woooo!

krokus

Premium Subscriber
hi...i ordered the "icom id 5100a deluxe". ... i read its 2meter 70cm. if diff tell me please. hope i made decent choice.

need pc cable and bluetooth board which i have to place inside radio which i think finds near repeaters in menu along with other funtions. bet both pieces $150 easy.

i need power now which looking and a simple dual band antenna till i figure out what ill do on roof.

received my callsign today woooo!
Bluetooth won't find repeaters, it will allow you to use wireless speakers, microphones, and/or headsets.

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
was looking at radio,and it locates repeaters based on location,your right maybe the gps does that not sure. misunderstood video maybe but radios screen.....nice big all info. im not pro....been years,but ill get there...reading,listening to advice...learning. guess it has bluetooth now for $79. oh well. lol

"The ID-5100A has integrated GPS, which allows you to transmit and receive position data from the built-in GPS receiver. Position, course, speed and altitude are shown on the display"

need power today and antenna along with cable line....lQQking today/now.....

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
The RepeaterBook software has a Bluetooth interface for Icom 7000, 7100 and Yaesu FT-857, FT-817 and FT-100. The software can locate repeaters based on GPS location using BlueCat software.

The ID-5100a is a dual band D-Star and analog FM radio with GPS. From the radio description on the HRO website:

The ID-5100A/E has integrated GPS which allows you to transmit and receive position data from the built-in GPS receiver. Position, course, speed and altitude are shown on the display. The GPS position information can be used for exchanging position reports, tracing the GPS log and searching for nearby repeater sites. The GPS antenna is located in the remote head, no external GPS antenna required.

DV/FM Repeater list function
The DV/FM repeater list function assists you in accessing near-by repeaters, even where you are visiting an area for the first time. The function searches for near-by repeaters using the repeater memories with the GPS position information.
To use the repeater list function, the position data of the repeater is required in the repeater list. The ID-5100A/E will be shipped with a limited number of repeater memories preprogrammed.

So, it looks like you have to first enter repeater info, along with corresponding GPS data in order for this function to work.

In my very personal opinion, this looks like it requires a lot of time to set up. Your mileage may vary.

Look at RT Systems software for the programming cable and software.

Larsen NMO 2-70 (with appropriate mount) is an excellent choice for a dual band mobile antenna.

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
Got the tek power tp30sw,wanted digital but got meter readout $109 free shipping 30 amps. Didn’t do antenna yet. I’ll check Larsen out....txs ladn.

that software I ordered...figured make it easier.

not sure about radio,I’ll open carefull check out. Not sure about face being remote from radio. Might need to get mic extension on cord to be comfortable. Screen sure lQQks sweet...Let’s see or I’ll return get different unit. Txs again

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Didn’t do antenna yet. I’ll check Larsen out....txs ladn.

The Larsen NMO-2/70 is a mobile antenna. I think you were looking for a base antenna.
You can buy "Base Adapter Kits" that will let you use a mobile antenna as a base, but you would be better off with a proper base antenna for your application.

The NMO-2/70 is a good option if you do decide to use this radio in your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.