Novice with a Uniden BC346XT: Ma State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpgalvin

I've got a Uniden BC346XT which, If I understand it right, should be able to listen to trunked traffic. I've used freescan to download and listen to my local police and fire frequencies (I'm in Northampton), but I don't get anything for MSP (which I also downloaded using the freescan software). Help? Thoughts? Suggestions?

ecps92

Which Zone did you program ? B-Troop is still in a build-out and there are plenty of DEAD Spots.

Program one of the Control channels in Conventional mode and see if you can even hear it first.

I've got a Uniden BC346XT which, If I understand it right, should be able to listen to trunked traffic. I've used freescan to download and listen to my local police and fire frequencies (I'm in Northampton), but I don't get anything for MSP (which I also downloaded using the freescan software). Help? Thoughts? Suggestions?

SCPD

QRT

http://www.scannewengland.net/wiki/index.php/Massachusetts_State_Police#Hampshire_County

According to this web site your area is covered by Zone 18. So program that in in freescan as a Motorola Type II system. Then from the scanner press Func button then turn the scroll knob to the Zone 18 system then wait for F to stop being displayed. Turn the scroll knob until you find the control channel. A site number and any active talk groups should be displayed on the scanner screen.
If you can't hear the control channel then you will have to check other zones to see if they cover your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.