Now On-The-Air !! Testing New Lewiston - Auburn 800 MHz TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbois1

Heads-up hobbyists and emergency service folks in greater Lewiston - Auburn !!
I have heard recently that work has finally commenced, in earnest, on the installation and build-out of the new L-A 800 MHz TRS APCO P-25 Phase 2 digital radio system...Today, I saw my first outside evidence of such. Watched them while parked on Webber Avenue, Lewiston
Dirigo Wireless (EF Johnson radio vendor) and Green Mountain (tower vendor) doing new antenna and coax install on the Applesass Hill - Lewiston site. Two techs in harnesses and climbing and hauling up stuff with pulley ropes to various levels on the tower. Several vehicles with a 3 person ground crew too.
The equipment shelter near the water reservoir was open and looked like they were moving in new radio cabinets and rack mounts. The is just one of 4 or 5 sites throughout both cities that they got to set-up, as the system will also involved voter receivers.
Time to start programming in those trunked repeater pairs in anticipation of on-air testing and capturing things like WACN, talkgroup IDs, Unit IDs, etc.. Contract goal is to go live sometime after October this year.

a417

U+0000
I think that's the tower at the end of Hillcrest Ave.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
There is a tower up by me off Pleasant St but I guess I gotta Google! Thanks and I will report back.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Yup I got ya! I’m going to check it out when I can! I’m so busy with getting ready to this weekend in NH I been so busy in the shop! I will report back!

a417

U+0000
I can't find the Webber & Pleasant one on Google maps.

a417

U+0000
Ok, I'm pretty sure that's the site at the end of Hillcrest Ave (which is down by the treatment plant), the nearest major intersection is Pleasant & Jill.

a417

U+0000
Weird, I didn't see that one...I saw the one at the other end of the treatment plant.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
So, yesterday Green Mountian installed 2 green 6 ft antenna's and ran coax and I belive they are done the install part on the Appleass tower as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.