Now What? Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl1lt

I just got a Pro-96. I loaded all the freqs for Quarry Hill/ Eielson. I loaded the talk group id for the SP's but it does not seem to be trunking. I hear all sorts of conversations but it does not show a talk group id. I eventually will get everything in there, but i was just trying for the SP's to get it all figured out.

hoser147

Are you using software to program or the cheat sheet and tryin to do it by hand? If you are not using software, Check out Don Starrs Starsoft Win 96 and save your fingers you can download it and try it for free for 30 days and If you like it you can purchase it for $30. with the Win 96 you can download from the RR database and it makes it very easy. Good luck and Good Scannin.....hoser147

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
kl1lt said:
I just got a Pro-96. I loaded all the freqs for Quarry Hill/ Eielson. I loaded the talk group id for the SP's but it does not seem to be trunking. I hear all sorts of conversations but it does not show a talk group id. I eventually will get everything in there, but i was just trying for the SP's to get it all figured out.

For the state system you must enter the six custom tables. The only way to do that is with Win96 software as there is no access to most of the tables from the radio keypad. The program is fully functional for a 30 day evaluation period so you can download it and try it out immediately. www.starrsoft.com

kl1lt

Okay thanks. I downloaded win96 and still have to go get the cable. So i can understand this a little better, what are those tables doing in my scanner? What purpose are they serving?

Thanks
Joe

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
kl1lt said:
Okay thanks. I downloaded win96 and still have to go get the cable. So i can understand this a little better, what are those tables doing in my scanner? What purpose are they serving?

Thanks
Joe

They tell the scanner how to match up the channel grants on the control channel to a frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.