• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Now You See Texaco In Your Wallet, Now You Don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What a great American rip-off run-around.

About 10 years ago I gets me one of those fine American Texaco credit cards. Then a few years ago Shell buys Texaco and they cancel my Texaco card and send me a Shell card which was good for use at Texaco stations too. Now Shell has spun off Texaco over to Chevron and sent me a notice that as of such and such date the Shell card won't be good at Texaco stations.

Where the hell is my Texaco "buying power" that I started the fook off with ????????

Shell customer service tells me I'll have to reapply with Texaco again.

Gee thanks alot

And I have done so online.

Guess what? When the Chevron/Texaco card comes.....the Shell will go chopped up in the trash.

Venting feels good

andrew_m

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes buy outs are good. Sence Sears baught up KMart I can use my Sears card at KMart....the one time a month I actually go there.

USAPatriot

I remember when the Shell-Texaco sale went through and the only thing I noticed was I got a new card that was good at both stations, which worked out well since Shell was about a nickle cheaper just a block away. The Texaco station was right next to the freeway onramp. -Rod-

MK

andrew_m said:
Sometimes buy outs are good. Sence Sears baught up KMart I can use my Sears card at KMart....the one time a month I actually go there.
Actually, it was K-Mart that bought Sears.

Sears was going completely downhill, unable to compete with mass retailers in many areas of retail sales.

Their credit card division was a profit losing mess. A few years ago it was sold to Citigroup for $3 billion. So the name on your card really means nothing.

And speaking of nice cards, I used to have a beautiful gold color amateur radio card from First USA. They merged with Bank One. Then Bank One merged with Chase. Now I have a plain Chase card.

ReceiverBeaver said:
When the Chevron/Texaco card comes.....the Shell will go chopped up in the trash.
Ain't capitalism great? :D

I remember when I moved from to Oklahoma years back... I traded Shell, BP, Speedway, and Marathon for Texaco, Conoco, Phillips 66, and Sinclair. Then, ChevronTexaco had to off-load a bunch of it's Texaco stations, and they got re-branded as Shell (whom I don't buy anything from). Will ConocoPhillips have to off-load stations like ChevronTexaco? Maybe (I see Conoco and P66 stations collocated all over the place). If so, I wonder who'll buy them. My bet is either ExxonMobil or BPAmoco (now just "BP" again).

All of the Diamond Shamrocks are becoming Valero...

Ridiculous musings on a Friday morning...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.