NPS Cape Cod and NPS Lowell both on 166.950?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4LBJ

I have recently started monitoring Lowell but the last few days I'm hearing hearing radio traffic that has Cape Cod landmarks. Also, I 've noted that Lowell has a TG of 1 while this "mystery station" has a NAC of 293 and a TG of 4095. RR lists Lowell as 166.950 but nothing near that frequency for Cape Cod.

Can anybody else confirm this ?

ecps92

All of them in Eastern Mass [Off Hours and Weekends] fall under NPS Boston [Charlestown] likely Dispatch may have patched channels as Cape Cod NSS is $707

Also Lowell/Boston share 166.9500
Boston is $109, Lowell is $293

AS to the TG, we have seen Dispatch Consoles use TG: 4095 in the past where units are TG: 1 - FPS was one way back in the early MegaCenter days
I have recently started monitoring Lowell but the last few days I'm hearing hearing radio traffic that has Cape Cod landmarks. Also, I 've noted that Lowell has a TG of 1 while this "mystery station" has a NAC of 293 and a TG of 4095. RR lists Lowell as 166.950 but nothing near that frequency for Cape Cod.

Can anybody else confirm this ?

KG4LBJ

Thank you for the info. I'm still in the early stages of learning to use (DSDplus - fastlane) and this initial confusion regarding two "nets" was making the learning curve even worse...

ecps92

Glad to help, and it is tougher, when nets get patched
Thank you for the info. I'm still in the early stages of learning to use (DSDplus - fastlane) and this initial confusion regarding two "nets" was making the learning curve even worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.