NPS Delaware Water Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Hi Folks:

As you may know, I frequent the DWG NRA quite often and work on acquiring whatever radio freq's I can get while visiting/listening. I noticed recently that there are four UHF open static frequencies or what I'm thinking are "Links" that are positioned throughout the National Recreation Area. I have pinpointed the following:

South Section (Delaware Water Gap, PA)

Central Section: (Crater Lake area, NJ)

North Section: (Milford, PA)

Can anyone up in that area verify for me what these frequencies are, and what purpose they serve? I don't have the fancy toys that others may have (except a PSR 500), so I'm puzzled at the moment to what these are. As always, thanks up front for any assistance provided to me.

GM

Premium Subscriber
So this weekend, I decided to monitor the Del. Water Gap National Recreation Area while I was visiting. I noticed that the "South Repeater" (as I originally called it) was not in service at the time (170.05000 $4F9) but that the "North Repeater" (168.47500 $4F9) was still active. I also observed that there were three (3) channels made reference to, with different conversations going on. So if anyone is traveling through or up in that area, I'm looking to confirm what the radio plan is. I believe it goes somewhere along the lines of this:

Channel 1: 168.47500 $4F9 Repeater (I/P 166.35000 $4F9)
Channel 2: 168.47500 $4F9 Simplex
Channel 3: 170.05000 $4F9 Repeater (also linked with Channel 1 [with the same input freq. as Ch. 1])

Any and all intel. is most welcome... :)

ecps92

I'm thinking Ch.01 and Ch.03 are just simulcast from Dispatch and not patched.

I have
168.4750 R / 163.4500
170.0500 R / 169.4000

Also Ch.01 is in NJ and Ch.03 is in MD at Assateague Island

So this weekend, I decided to monitor the Del. Water Gap National Recreation Area while I was visiting. I noticed that the "South Repeater" (as I originally called it) was not in service at the time (170.05000 $4F9) but that the "North Repeater" (168.47500 $4F9) was still active. I also observed that there were three (3) channels made reference to, with different conversations going on. So if anyone is traveling through or up in that area, I'm looking to confirm what the radio plan is. I believe it goes somewhere along the lines of this:

Channel 1: 168.47500 $4F9 Repeater (I/P 166.35000 $4F9)
Channel 2: 168.47500 $4F9 Simplex
Channel 3: 170.05000 $4F9 Repeater (also linked with Channel 1 [with the same input freq. as Ch. 1])

Any and all intel. is most welcome... :)

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I work up in Northampton County, PA and Warren Co, NJ a couple times per week and I have not heard anything come across the south repeater for a while now. I can't say how far back I noticed it not being used, but seeing your post reminded me that I have only heard traffic on the north repeater when I am up that way.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
With summer approaching, I was wondering if anyone had any more frequencies for the park. Would the park have some sort of analog channel for mutual aid purposes with local agencies or PSP?

GM

Premium Subscriber
The NPS at Delaware Water Gap also have access to the NJ DEP VHF channels, Ch. 1, 2?, 5? and I believe NJ SPEN 1. I would assume that they would have some of the Federal Inter-op channels programmed. My attempt at getting channel names last summer by asking one of the rangers proved unsuccessful, as I was told that the info wasn't public knowledge per NPS Directive Order #?. I do know that on a previous attempt, I was able to gather that the P25 system they upgraded to a number of years back is the only channel they communicate on in the park.

Last edited:

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know about this list I found on NJworks.com?

166.300 - Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area - Rangers
166.775 - Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area - Rangers
166.350 - Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area - Maintenance
166.950 - Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area - Operations
168.550 - Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area - Operations
164.575 - Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area - Operations
Or this on panix.com
Delaware NY/NJ/PA 164.575 166.950 166.775 166.950
167.950 168.550 412.125 417.725

I feel that these might be a little outdated, but could still be used somewhere. I will be plugging these into my scanner and will report back if I hear anything.

SCPD

QRT
RR has a policy not to "copy" info from other web sites. Thefore you might want to add them to the Wiki Page???

K2YYN

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
My apologies. I did not realize that. I don't quite know what I am doing with the wiki, but will see what I can learn.

ecps92

I'm not sure what the OP did wrong... he posted what he found and asked if they are valid or not.. I'm sure the policy is/was written [could be wrong - not the first time] to prevent Copy/Submit to the RR DB from other sources/web pages.

Adding them to the Wiki brings an air of confirmation to them vs the actual question, which is... Are these even correct ! ;)

RR has a policy not to "copy" info from other web sites. Thefore you might want to add them to the Wiki Page???

K2YYN

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

K2YYN

Please provide proof of the existence of such a policy. The data itself is NOT copyrighted, only the format of a site or list. That horse has been beat to death many times, even Lindsay admits that none of the raw DATA on RR is or can be copyrighted.

What possible purpose would adding unconfirmed frequencies to the Wiki serve? That really makes no sense whatsoever. The forums are for discussion, and like ecps92 said, a good place to hash out unconfirmed or speculative information BEFORE it makes its way into the DB or Wiki.

SCPD

QRT
Well don't curcify me over my statement!
If it's a "grey" area and this is the "area" for discussion so be it. As for the Wiki, this is the area for additional, old (for reference) and unconfirmed data before its posted in the DB.

You know they make "Liqiud Paper", "Wite Out" for us "perfect" people, I don't make "mistakes" only miscalculations. That's why I have a case of the stuff.....Thank you!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm not trying to crucify you, it's just that you made a pretty definitive statement, and when you have that "Database Admin" icon next to your name, people will tend to take whatever you say as gospel.

I have never heard of the Wiki being used for "unconfirmed data before it's posted in the DB". That seems very counterintuitive, given that just like the DB, people view the Wiki pages in search of accurate information, not speculation.

ecps92

Additionally the comment about ""RR has a policy", yet in the same breath the OP is told to add the info to the wiki, which was clearly taken from another site.

The OP should add the channels to his monitoring and report back as to what he has found. Remember some channels might not wake up until the weather get's better :)

I'm not trying to crucify you, it's just that you made a pretty definitive statement, and when you have that "Database Admin" icon next to your name, people will tend to take whatever you say as gospel.

I have never heard of the Wiki being used for "unconfirmed data before it's posted in the DB". That seems very counterintuitive, given that just like the DB, people view the Wiki pages in search of accurate information, not speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.