NPS Monterey- Trunked or conventional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloScanMan_01

I will be traveling to Monterey in April, and the only frequencies I haven't been able to confirm is the Naval Postgrad school. I show that the conventional frequencies for the Naval Postgrad school include:
140.725 Police
140.050 Police (Also listed as Presidio PD Ch. 2)
149.800 Federal Fire
140.500 Public Works
142.500 Quarterdeck VIP's

But on the Navy Region Southwest TRS, it shows a talkgroup of 24208 for Naval Support Activity Monterey, with no repeater site listed in the Monterey area. Can anyone verify this talkgroup, or confirm if the Navy has indeed installed a trunk repeater site in Monterey? If the Navy has a new trunk site in Monterey, I would like the frequencies.

I will be traveling to Monterey in April, and the only frequencies I haven't been able to confirm is the Naval Postgrad school. I show that the conventional frequencies for the Naval Postgrad school include:
140.725 Police
149.800 Federal Fire
140.500 Public Works

But on the Navy Region Southwest TRS, it shows a talkgroup of 24208 for Naval Support Activity Monterey, with no repeater site listed in the Monterey area. Can anyone verify this talkgroup, or confirm if the Navy has indeed installed a trunk repeater site in Monterey? If the Navy has a new trunk site in Monterey, I would like the frequencies.

No TRS there everything still conventional. I know after Fort Ord they switch a lot of frequencies around.
Military Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I don't think they even have a police department anymore. Everything is run from the Presidio of Monterey Fire,PD,PW. Not much goes on there anyway they mostly run mutual aid calls to near by cities.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Maybe the NSA Monterey office is still connected on ELMR via VOIP(T-1/Internet). aka no ELMR sites in their area.

Talkgroup of 24208 (RadioIDs: 32500## NSA Monterey) was picked up via Site 503 in San Diego area.

I wouldn't doubt they are connected via t1 to another system. I know FBI,CIA and other homeland security departments train there.

I just saw in the news they had training exercises and still do have a police department and from the sound of the radios audio played on the news sounded liked p25.

kma371

QRT
Last edited:

kma371

QRT
140.725 Police
149.800 Federal Fire
140.500 Public Works

24208 was the only talkgroup I found in use during about 5 hours of monitoring

I didn't personally hear any traffic, so i change my answer to that's the only talkgroup I LOGGED. :)

You can't hear it from Soledad?

Oh I see, no i'm to far I have a hard time picking up stuff from the peninsula down here and plus I don't have a digital scanner yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.