NS and Conrail Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raff

Dave: I was a Conrail Policeman from 1979 to 1993. At that time, we had frequencies 160.560 and 160.545. One was the main dispatch channel, and the other was our channel for some "private conversations. My time at the Railroad( a job I loved)we were dispatched from the following areas. Chicago Union Terminal, then Pittsburgh, then Philadelphia and Mt Laurel New Jersey. When Conrail was "absorbed' by NS and CSX, the frequencies were transferred as far as I know. NS uses their frequencies infrequently, and I was told by a person at CSX that they use NEXTEL, although they still have frequencies listed. By the way, shortly after I left, the tilte for Railroad Officers was changed to Special Agent.

Nasby

Odd thing is that I seldom even hear the RR Police talking with the crews on the road channels.

I'm sure they have the capability, but I just don't hear them even doing that anymore.

n8wel

Buckeye Toad
Most comm's are done with cell phone on NS, Conrail police was recently abolished and is now handled by NS Police for all CR locations now. What little is used on radio is NXDN digital and encrypted now. 161.205 is the main one and perhaps former CR freqs. are still used between Cleveland and Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.