NS Power DMR T III for BCD996P2 using ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

etimothyd

How would I program NS Power ( Province wide ) Into my BCD966P2 using ProScan? It has been a long time since I programed the scanner.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Your question is much better asked in The author of ProScan (and other users) can better answer your question there....Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
How would I program NS Power ( Province wide ) Into my BCD966P2 using ProScan? It has been a long time since I programed the scanner.
Is this the link? Nova Scotia - Nova Scotia Power Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
I don't see any site frequencies listed. Do you have the frequencies? Also this is a DMR system so your scanner needs the DMR upgrade.
Programming the system in ProScan is similar to programming the scanner directly.
Basic steps are:
1. In ProScan, create a new database file or open an existing database file
2. Create a new system
3. Create a new site under the system
4. Enter in the site frequencies under the site
If you know the TGIDs then do steps 5 & 6 otherwise ensure the system is set to use ID Search
5. Create a group under the system
6. Enter in the TGIDs under the group
7. Upload to the scanner

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Since you already have a premium subscription & assuming you're running the latest Proscan, launch the favorites editor (Check box is towards the top left of window. Choose File > Import Radioreference web. Log in with Radioreference credentials (step 1) I numbered each button to click, drop down to select, etc. Hope this makes sense
1623615755988.png

1623616173496.png

New TRS is here

To access the RR database import feature, you'll need to create a new database: Database > New and then...
1623616678867.png

mciupa

Database Admin
Since responses are coming in the Atlantic Forum due to members lurking on New Posts, let's leave it here.

Luckily, the ProScan program author has chimed in as a bonus!

Perhaps local DBA's may offer assistance as well.

etimothyd

Thanks guys, This really helps a lot.
One question when I upload this file to the BCD996P2 will it overwrite my current programming or add to it.
Thanks again.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys, This really helps a lot.
One question when I upload this file to the BCD996P2 will it overwrite my current programming or add to it.
Thanks again.
Proscan, correct me if I'm wrong but if you click "Upload to scanner" you should be given checkboxes to choose which favorites lists to update (just like the x36hp and SDSxx Favorites Editor) Correct? Sorry, I no longer have a 996

etimothyd

I downloaded my current file from my BCD996P2 added the new NS Power system to it, then uploaded back to the scanner.
Seems to have worked well. The ProScan software looks a bit overwhelming at first but it is actually very user friendly.
Thanks everyone for all your help, and ProScan for the awesome software.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Proscan, correct me if I'm wrong but if you click "Upload to scanner" you should be given checkboxes to choose which favorites lists to update (just like the x36hp and SDSxx Favorites Editor) Correct? Sorry, I no longer have a 996
Sort of. No Favorites lists checkboxes but rather systems checkboxes.

hfxChris

Database Admin
What part of the province are you in? Keep in mind the only parts of the province that have been figured out 100% would be the metro area, and the south shore. There have been sites identified in other parts of the province, but they're sporadic.

I'm hoping to spend some more time this summer and continue mapping out the mainland sites. At least the northern and western parts of the province.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Well, I'm in Dartmouth, so unfortunately I have no recent first-hand experience in the area, and there isn't much that's been submitted to the database. New Glasgow police should be on a NXDN system, but it's encrypted so don't even bother. Somebody did submit the McLellan's Mountain NSPI site, but like all NSPI sites good luck hearing any voice traffic.

You could try a TAFL search engine like this one: TAFL Search with Google Maps Output - it lets you put in coordinates and a range, so you get results near you. Look for anything with a designation of emission starting with 7K60, that'll usually be DMR. Of course you're at the mercy of how up to date agencies' licenses are, there's a bunch of DMR users here in the city whose licenses still show 16K0F3E (or FXE) which is analog, so they upgraded their radio systems but never bothered to inform Industry Canada.

Or you could do it the old fashioned way and use the search function on your scanner, and look for any data sounds in the typical VHF and UHF land mobile/business ranges. The signal identification wiki does have audio examples of DMR (and NXDN).

BC_Scan

Guessing game with a scanner. Look what the display shows, if it says CAP it is trunked, if it says DMR or DT3 or XPT it is a different flavour. For a larger entity such as power co you would think it would be trunked.

Per database it says trunked, program accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.