NS TMR2 new system discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I haven't been adding any sites to RR's database unless they're confirmed by somebody to be accurate - as in, site is online, and what the control channel is.

Chris, not that I have any skin in the game at this point in time, but how do you treat sites that are announced as neighbors? Understandably if you only know that it's "site 15" and not where it is, it's kind of pointless to add it. But something i did in Newfoundland was if I had 3 (or more) sites with good location data, all announcing the same neighbor, I would average their positions, and typically the neighbor site would be fairly close to that location.

Another way to ask it is: Does the actual site have to be monitored directly, or is indirect monitoring via its announcement as a neighbor site acceptable?

MTouesnard

Feed Provider
If u go to marscan.com and click on tmr2, scroll down halfway you'll find a list of all towers in the province. For some reason the radio reference site is missing a few towers, there is one for Martinique(arichat) the control frequencies are 769.30625 and 769.55625 try those, it says there's also Fox Island which I think is not too far from you. Let me know if you have trouble finding that list and I'll email you the link. I assume you a digital capable scanner that has the 700mhz band to listen to the new p25 system.

Just programmed in those two frequencies into my 996xt and my 396xt and am now able to pick up EHS again, so far I've heard CB1 and CB2, I've left the virtual control up on my laptop to log any other talk groups may appear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:

hfxChris

Database Admin
Chris, not that I have any skin in the game at this point in time, but how do you treat sites that are announced as neighbors? Understandably if you only know that it's "site 15" and not where it is, it's kind of pointless to add it. But something i did in Newfoundland was if I had 3 (or more) sites with good location data, all announcing the same neighbor, I would average their positions, and typically the neighbor site would be fairly close to that location.

Another way to ask it is: Does the actual site have to be monitored directly, or is indirect monitoring via its announcement as a neighbor site acceptable?

Well the truth is, based on a combination of TAFL and patterns observed, we pretty much know about all of the missing sites; the site numbers and the IC call signs have been pretty much sequential, and so far the lowest licensed frequency has been the control channel in every site identified so far, so I could definitely add the missing sites based on that alone.

Actually the more I think about it, I may just do that anyway.. I was hesitant to, in case one of these missing sites ended up having a totally out-of-sequence site number, or a different frequency ends up being the CC, and then people with scanners that auto-program themselves are screwed. There's probably about a 97% chance (made-up statistic alert) the remaining sites match up with the established pattern, so there's very little chance of it being an issue...

VA1JGN

Chris, I was reading the data of some of the nearby towers using Pro96com and noticed that site 072 (48) control channel is showing as 769.30625. The marscan site has it listed as 771.78125 so if you use that info when entering the missing sites it will be incorrect. Sites 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 67, 69, 70 and 71 are all good and matches the info in marscan. I can not decode site 72 as its too far away but the adjacent site info while decoding site 69 Cape Smokey shows site 72 as connected using cc 769.30625. Also site 63 (3F) coxheath has a 3rd voice channel 774.18125. Hope that info is helpful to you

novascotian

Just checked in here and see there is a comment about my listing for Site 72 (North Mountain) on marscan.com. Thanks for pointing that out. I see that I have it correctly on the page that lists sites by frequency and discusses setting up your scanner: T2 Check List but for some reason not on the main list ordered by site number. I will be fixing this ASAP.. thanks..

Last edited:

ShoeGolf

Premium Subscriber
EHS Nova Scotia

Recently I m not hearing EHS any more . I know police have gone partly encrypted , any one know about this or where they moved to 700mhz area?

Jimm

pumba1239

Hey all I'm new here. I can you for sure that fire dept migration start the end of this month with 2 fire depts. Liverpool and Lunenburg is first I know us in Liverpool have out base radios in trucks switched and waiting on portables. Last time I was speaking with my deputy chief(which handles anything comm wise) we will be switch as of end of month into first of November. Rest of the fire depts will switch closer to the end of the year. 2 tone voice paging will still be there as most fire depts pagers are 2 tone pagers. I know our paging system and regular communications will be the same. Just when we talk to our dispatcher it will be over tmr2. Not sure of anything else info wise but that's all confirmed info by the radio installers.

pumba1239

Actually spoke with him this morning if timelines the gov have every fire dept should be switch by march I believe. But paging will not change

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Recently I m not hearing EHS any more . I know police have gone partly encrypted , any one know about this or where they moved to 700mhz area?

Jimm

Yes EHS Switched to TMR 2 on Oct 11th. You will need to reprogram your scanner for the new system to hear EHS again.

ShoeGolf

Premium Subscriber
EHS Halifax

Hi,

I am not hearing EHS on any bands any more. Still hearing Fire and Police. Anyone know what happened. I don't remember them going encyp

Jimm

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Although it may not be called "MRCI", I'm still hearing strong reports that PEI is on board with this new system (and NB is once again in negotiations with Bell). No word from PEI officials yet, but I compiled some information pertaining to PEI's interest in the system and put it on the website for discussion. TMR2 – Future System of PEI? | ScanPEI

Last edited:

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Jim, please see the message above your last post. I replied to your previous question. As you are in the TMR 2 thread I presume you are aware that NS recently implemented the TMR 2 system. EHS was the first user to switch to TMR 2 and they did so on Oct 11th. You will need to reprogram your scanner, building a new "system". Remember to choose P25 if that option comes up, not 800 MHz as this new system is in the 700 MHz band. Following that you can easily find all the tower frequencies and EHS talk group IDs on this website under database and navigate your way through to what you are looking for. If your using a software program to program your scanner, it typically has an option built in to download the info directly from this website.

Let us know how you make out and if we can assist you in getting it up and running

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Jimm, please remember to look for replies to your questions in the most recent posts. Your question has been answered twice already

On Oct 27th you asked "Recently I m not hearing EHS any more . I know police have gone partly encrypted , any one know about this or where they moved to 700mhz area?"

On Nov 1st I replied with : "Yes EHS Switched to TMR 2 on Oct 11th. You will need to reprogram your scanner for the new system to hear EHS again."

Then again on Nov 6th you asked: "Hi, I am not hearing EHS on any bands any more. Still hearing Fire and Police. Anyone know what happened. I don't remember them going encyp"

I immediately replied only minutes later with:

"Jim, please see the message above your last post. I replied to your previous question. As you are in the TMR 2 thread I presume you are aware that NS recently implemented the TMR 2 system. EHS was the first user to switch to TMR 2 and they did so on Oct 11th. You will need to reprogram your scanner, building a new "system". Remember to choose P25 if that option comes up, not 800 MHz as this new system is in the 700 MHz band. Following that you can easily find all the tower frequencies and EHS talk group IDs on this website under database and navigate your way through to what you are looking for. If your using a software program to program your scanner, it typically has an option built in to download the info directly from this website.

Let us know how you make out and if we can assist you in getting it up and running

Now, here we are on Nov 10th and your again asking: "I don't hear them anymore on any bands . Have they switched already ?"

I dont want to sound rude because I am genuinely interested in helping you get up and running again but if you just red the answers to your questions back on Nov 1st you could have been listening to EHS again almost 2 weeks ago haha :) Sorry to chuckle at your misfortune.

This is an easy fix. Here are the direct link to all the information you need to hear EHS again. Remember you need to build a new system into your scanner (Assuming you have a scanner that can listen to 700 mhz and digital transmissions. What model are you using?)

Nova Scotia Trunked Mobile Radio System (Project 25) Trunking System, Province-Wide, Nova Scotia - Scanner Frequencies

Let us know how you make out...

sunfire78

Premium Subscriber
I have a grecom psr500c can someone point me in the way to programme it in with the new tmr 2 I need the programme and all thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.