NSA "helped" with Windows 7 development

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepdx

Computerworld - The National Security Agency (NSA) worked with Microsoft on the development of
Windows 7, an agency official acknowledged yesterday during testimony before Congress.

"Working in partnership with Microsoft and elements of the Department of Defense, NSA leveraged our
unique expertise and operational knowledge of system threats and vulnerabilities to enhance Microsoft's operating system security guide..."

NSA helped with Windows 7 development | Computerworld

[size=+1]Enjoy your "enhancements" courtesy of Uncle Sam.[/size]

N

N_Jay

Since the Gov uses a lot of MS software, is this not like a major customer helping a suppler meet their needs? (Except with a healthy dose of ammunition for the tinfoil hat crowd)

zz0468

QRT
Banned
You're surprised? Part of NSA's mission has always been to insure the integrity of systems used by the U.S. Government, even as it tries to compromise the integrity of other government's systems. There are dozens of papers and articles available on their web site about network security, and other topics. It's a fun web site to poke around on.

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
This makes like the fifth forum were this was posted! :lol:

Truth be said, if the government has a handle on security I'll eat my hat!

China has penetrated key U.S. databases: SANS director - Hacking-News.com

Uh oh! :eek:: I just thought of something. What if their meddling wasn't for security... :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Wonder if the Navy solved China's little bastard sub issue yet?

BTW- computerworld is probably loving the referrers on this article...

ATTN: NSA

Poke your nose in a live disk VM environment! :lol:

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Banned
You know how you solve a Chinese spear fishing problem? Create a maze! Where every knock on the proverbial door leads to a honey pot. Now we have you bastards! :lol: False info! Give them what they want. :twisted:

Honestly, I think the NSA is more interested in the OS's capabilities than anything. They need that info. to probably create models in their vast network of cipher cracking servers. :twisted: Maybe I said too much. If you don't here from me after this post then alien cover up and JFK assassination evidence is located at... Hang on, someones at the door.. :roll:

Last edited:

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
I wouldnt be surprised if Win7 had ALL KINDS OF SPYWARE communicating with microsoft!

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Ah i guess you like that site also :) (Its alot like this one :))

poltergeisty

Banned
:lol
: The only difference between this site and that one is it is run by a huge Lib tard for making profit and most of the politics are all left of center. But other than that, I like the computer/technology aspect.

I feel much better now. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.