NSP N-win quite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquierStrat

ive been listening to troop A on the ceder bluffs tower just fine all day. yesterday too..

also, be sure to let us know how that scanner performs on the ORIN's Douglas county simulcast site when you get a chance!!!! lol

SquierStrat

awesome! can't wait to hear the results! also, i was listening to HQ troop just fine this morning, on the ceder bluffs site

I am scared to think there mite be something wrong with my HP. I'll bring in the 996xt and see if it gets anything. It's set up as a mobile, so don't get much play time

SquierStrat

maybe a certain setting isnt right? i dont know.. may be worth asking in the uniden section, where all the experience with these new models is

AD9O

I can confirm I'm getting traffic off the system, I will turn the troop HQ channel back on and see if I get anything from that, but I'm definitely getting HROC and LES talk groups

Which site are you referring to? Also, which talkgroups are you attempting to monitor?

Lincoln's site and has trying all NSP Tgs then tried everyone else. I even changed to ID search.

I believe it's the new scanner having decoding issue. I have HRO sending a return slip for a replacement.
other then that i love the scanner and how the new QK work

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have the system set up properly. Make sure only the control channels are in frequency the list. You should have the primary control channel first 155.580 for the Lincoln site. Also make sure the system is set up for P25 trunking not VHF trunking.

You might be have interference on one of the voice channels and the scanner is stopping on that. I know with all the other Uniden P25 scanners when it's on a 9600 baud the scanner will say DATA or DAT when it's sitting on the control channel. Yours says LNK which only shows up when it's decoding a digital voice transmission (both conventional and trunking).

I don't know if they changed the display setting with the new scanners but check to make sure the programming is correct.

I have check it and I have tried it with 4 frequencies are on Radio reference that downloaded with the database.

I even tried it with the two frequencies same as mine 996XT.

Some times it will work but if I reboot the scanner it goes back in to the decoding issue

Update. Just look over it again. Set as P25 trunk and removed all frequencies except the control channel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.