Nsp troop c fm relay freqs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

33kracing

since the n-LOSE system is down and out for the count... i was wondering if anyone in the grand island area (or troop c area) knows of any of the old low-band fm relay base and mobile frequencies... it has the kearney and ayr and cotesfield relays but nothing about the giltner tower (if theyre even is one) or grand island... any help would be appreciated! thanks!

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
NSP has been moving away from UHF relay frequencies on due to interference. Control for Grand Island and Giltner towers are via dedicated phone lines.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
since the n-LOSE system is down and out for the count...

Has Troop C started using Low Band again? I know they are having some coverage issues on I-80 between Kearny and Grand Island. I haven't listen for a few days, but tonight I am hearing Grand Island dispatch talking to units on the trunked system.

Has Troop C started using Low Band again? I know they are having some coverage issues on I-80 between Kearny and Grand Island. I haven't listen for a few days, but tonight I am hearing Grand Island dispatch talking to units on the trunked system.

Hearing Troop C over Humphrey this afternoon.

Showing 25 affiliations on the Norfolk tower, 9 on Humphrey including a Troop C car.

33kracing

yes as far as i know since the day before thanksgiving they have been using the low band radios. and i have had my radioshack pro-106 sitting on the trunked "wildcat" channel which is set up so that anything on my scan list will pick up n-win... but as of about 2 1/2 hours now, nothing... but my motorola ht1250 with my FM RELAY frequencies such as kearney, ayr, cotesfield... pretty regular radio traffic.

yes as far as i know since the day before thanksgiving they have been using the low band radios. and i have had my radioshack pro-106 sitting on the trunked "wildcat" channel which is set up so that anything on my scan list will pick up n-win... but as of about 2 1/2 hours now, nothing... but my motorola ht1250 with my FM RELAY frequencies such as kearney, ayr, cotesfield... pretty regular radio traffic.

Wildcat Channel? You mean Wildcard, right? :)

Have you tried to plug in TG 3092, (NSP Grand Island Dispatch) turn off the wildcard function and let the scanner sit on that TG?

SCPD

QRT
I remember reading in the N-WIN meeting notes that they are moving the antennas around on the Giltner tower due to interference. They may be on low band while the techs do this.

If you go look in the Wiki for N-WIN you will find a map (Streets and trips 2007 or later needed) for the sites with ranges (25 miles). There are some gaps. The state is trying to fill them in. For the main customer (NSP) the system mainly cover major highways now. Also looks like it was set up for mobile coverage not portable coverage.
As mentioned earlier this is a brand new system. Most if not all new radio system experience problems we they first come online.

As mentioned earlier this is a brand new system. Most if not all new radio system experience problems we they first come online.

I recall back in 2004 when ORION went online, there was some "growing pains". Irvington had a rescue call clear up north on Sagaramantha Plz, and found that the radio coverage was a bit rough in those parts. Very hilly, especially in the far northern Ponca Hills area. Didn't make that call, was babysitting my son.

33kracing

yeah yeah yeah i meant to say wildcard ha ha ha... but neways, i heard a trooper on the n-win last night dropping off a stranded motorist at a motel in aurora last nite. but other than that its been all low-band equipment. i kno this becuz my mobile extender frequency of 465.5250 MHz goes crazy all day and night until 3am (when they all go off-duty) so i guess we'll have to wait and see here in the GI area.

33kracing

i wonder if in the coming years they can clear-up the garbled audio that digital sound makes... i mean hell, they turned a digital tv into a high definition picture, and now a 3D picture, i wonder if they can turn crappy "robotic" audio into a HIGH DEF audio haha

KC9ICE

I'm visiting family in Loup City (Sherman county) this week and go figure I forgot to bring my scanner so I can't monitor the NWIN (or even the old low band freqs) but I plugged the Cotesfield relay freqs into my ham ht and my mobile. Today I'm going up to Greeley so it looks like I'll be pretty close to Cotesfield. I'll report back if I hear anything.

KC9ICE

Well, I went up to Greeley via St. Paul and came back via Sciotia and North Loup and never heard a thing on either of the listed Cotesfield link freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.