NSPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravada

Premium Subscriber
I'm understanding that Nova Scotia Power Corp is implementing a new VHF trunked Mototrbo system in the Province. I've done some frequency searching on the band in 3-4 different areas and have located what appears to be control channels. In my area the frequency is 168.9875. When I lock on it, its shows DMRT3 Slot 1 Colour Code 0. I have set this up as a Mototrbo Trunked System and have only entered the known control channel frequency. When I ID search it shows system 7h and Site ID 12. I've never heard any traffic on it. Possibly it's not fully implemented or maybe I don't have it programmed correctly. Anyone have any experience with this new system?

mciupa

Database Admin
I think your Step size is off (change to 5 kHz) and the true frequency is 168.99 Are you using SDR?
Or, if you have a BCD436 or 536, open Analyze and run LCN Finder. I was doing this for a DT3 system in Ontario.

Until I had all the LCN's it wouldn't trunktrack properly and I was listening to it conventionally on all the voice channels.

Looks like you have discovered a new system for the Nova Scotia database :cool:

bravada

Premium Subscriber
I’m using a Uniden SDS100. I’m assuming to run Analyze/LCN finder that there has to be radio traffic?
And will it do it with just the one control channel frequency.?
Thanks for your interest and quick response. Al

mciupa

Database Admin
It should find the LCN quickly. Push E to lock it in.

bravada

Premium Subscriber
I’m not sure if the system is fully implemented and functional yet as I’ve heard no traffic but maybe that’s a programming issue still on my side. Without radio traffic will LCN search be successful?

mciupa

Database Admin
If I recall, it should find your Control Channel LCN.

bravada

Premium Subscriber
I searched the Tafl and found three other frequencies and programmed in the SDS. They are not control channels.
When I run Analyze/LCN finder this is what I see on screen.

Attachments

• 149E81A0-C1DF-4DA5-A00E-9E78FE9176FE.jpeg
    149E81A0-C1DF-4DA5-A00E-9E78FE9176FE.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 14

bravada

Premium Subscriber
When I scan using ID search this is what I’m seeing with the 7h, 12 and colour code all flashing intermittently. Thanks again for any advise that you can offer. As I said before maybe the system is still new and not fully implemented.

Attachments

• 4DD058AB-E7F1-43E3-855A-6694DE0C665F.jpeg
    4DD058AB-E7F1-43E3-855A-6694DE0C665F.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.