NSRS how to set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
i'm staying in tahoe city and trying to listen to Nevada Shared Radio System.
i have a few sites programed and i do not hear any traffic on it.
my bcd396 does not stop on it.
any help what site i should but in and also is it wide or narrow band.
thank you for any help

JoeyC

Depends on who you are trying to listen to. If you are trying to hear NDOT you'll only hear a site open up from Tahoe City if a unit happens to be around the north shore of the lake. If you're trying to hear NHP or Washoe SO, you are better off listening to the Washoe County Crystal Bay site. I never heard anything much on the NSRS from the Lake. The Washoe Co system is more interesting anyway. And again, you will only hear traffic when there is a radio affiliated to the site. Meaning, if NHP happens to be around the lake you'll hear their traffic, otherwise you wont.

Dave_D

sfdf said:
i'm staying in tahoe city and trying to listen to Nevada Shared Radio System.
i have a few sites programed and i do not hear any traffic on it.
my bcd396 does not stop on it.
any help what site i should but in and also is it wide or narrow band.
thank you for any help

Try the following sites on wide band:

Site 002: Slide Mountain
Site 003: Tahoe Simulcast (Crystal Bay)
Site 007: South Lake Tahoe (CA)
Site 106: North Tahoe (Truckee) (CA)
Site 9016: Olympic Valley (CA-Placer Co)
Site 9039: Homewood (CA)

I get lots of hits on 003 and 007 here in Incline Village, particularly Sheriff "Incline Yellow." I included 002 and 106, thinking that they might be line-of-site for you, though not for myself. The 9000 sites I've never heard from, but they're in range of Tahoe City. I'd be interested to know -- as would the RR community -- if you hear anything from them.

I hope this is helpful.

Dave

SCPD

QRT
thanks all.
just got back home today to sonoma county.
once i had set up one of the site (can'y remember what one at the moment) i got a few hits in the 02 -... and 03-.... had to enter all the freq. for that site. controll chanell only set up (by hand) did not do anything for it. on my bcd396t.
but got more hits when i had the following freq. entered as standard freq. (856.7125)
next time i'll be there i'll have it set up with the software with more sites.
it also helps to know to set it up as wideband.
the hard part was is to figure out what site is where and to know what is more active the nsrs or the countys system.
thank you very much

also just relized there are only 14 threads in this forum...... wow did not relize there only a few members for nevada...

Last edited:

JoeyC

You cannot do control channel only trunking for EDACS systems. You ALWAYS have to program all channels in the right order.

Status
Not open for further replies.