NSRS P25 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
NSRS

Wow this is good information!! I wonder when the p25 will happen? I see a few sites I'd like to add for now. Have you submitted this to RRDB admin?

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
According to the document NSRS in its current state will be obsolete by the end of this year. That means come January 2018, replacement parts may not be available should something break. I imagine they will want the replacement up and operating either by the end of this year or first quarter 2018.

Z0_RICK

The RFP hasn't hit the street yet. Thus a vendor hasn't been determined. It would be surprising to see a P25
site up in 2018. The ISSI/CSSI Network has to be built and connected to EDACS as well. 120 plus sites all together.
You do realize the P25 and EDACS will be interoperating for quite sometime during the Migration.. This is a rolling process that will take several years at best to complete.
All in all the EDACS will be up for many more years.
THAT'S ALL FOLKS !

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
You do realize the P25 and EDACS will be interoperating for quite sometime during the Migration.. This is a rolling process that will take several years at best to complete.

Very well aware. When I moved here from California, the City of Los Angeles was still migrating their EDACS to P25I which has been in place for years. The County of Los Angeles was also starting their transition from EDACS to P25II. LAPD had also just started building and testing their new P25II TRS, migration isnt expected to start for another year and will take at least two years to complete.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
Unless something has changed, Sunrise is a very hot site with many affiliations. It's the one I listened to the most.

I submitted a bunch of sites years ago from info collected on a couple of LV-Reno trips, but not all were accepted because the site IDs were the same as others (something EDACS does a lot).

Also, it's likely that the frequencies listed here are not in the correct LCN order, another thing I saw where some sites had LCNs all over the place relative to their numeric order.

Status
Not open for further replies.