Nsrs tg 05-131

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
05-131

Who is this? They aren't listed in the database.

Thanks

According to the Southern Nevada Scanner book from 2009 it is listed as DPS Investigations Div. And there's a footnote that it is used very rarely. Are you hearing alot of traffic on it? Does it sound like Investigating? Maybe somebody new has that id now?

hpycmpr

With 05-130 being NHP and 05-132 being NV Transportation Services Authority per the DB, I'd guess one or the other and probably the latter. See if either makes a good listening match.
Steve

joen7xxx

I hear a fair amount of recent traffic, sounds like drug interdiction / surveilance. Interestingly, they use profanity from time to time.

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
The Nevada DPS Investigations Division helps the rural counties with a variety of investigations. Many years ago this Division was known as State Narcotics. This is what you are most likely hearing. Many state law enforcement officers think they cannot be heard by people with scanners since they are on a trunked radio system. Little do they know. And do expect them on a car-to-car channel to be very informal at times for the same reason. A number of years ago they worked out of the DMV building on Idaho St. in Elko.

X

xts3000r

what is the hex for this tag? and what sites did you hear it on?

com501

'745'

I beleive you will find this is the 'Tom George' units. Drug interdiction.

Parole & Probation are generally on RN3 in the Reno area.

com501

There is no difference, unless you are wasting your time listening to the NSRS only sites of Virg PK and Peavine instead of the Metro site.

Status
Not open for further replies.