Nstar Mototrbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb1elv

Anyone have any luck monitoring Nstar's DMR system? I figured the storm today would provide at least some activity but I had no luck. I programmed it in and couldn't hear a thing.

See attachment for what a hold produced. Could this be a problem with how it is programmed?

Attachments

• IMG_20170209_201734.jpg
    IMG_20170209_201734.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 355

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
If you're holding on it with no activity I'd expect the display in the screenshot to be accurate. Net 0 and Site 0 will always show up as you're in conventional mode. TG and U should populate when there is voice activity. The scanner should pass over data only transmissions.

I monitor Cape Cod and SE Massachusetts Eversource activity without any issues with my 436 and 536.

ecps92

If your Profile is correct, you are in Somerville and listening to the Mystic Frequency
Massachusetts Commercial Utilities - Scan New England Wiki

Not much has been reported on NStar's T-Band DMR Network.
However, Mystic had been sold off to Exelon and likely uses its own UHF channels.
IF is tough to keep up with all the Mergers, Trades, Sells and... for utlities, but
here was the last known Mystic channels
Massachusetts Commercial Utilities - Scan New England Wiki

Looking at the License, seems NStar has added Repeater sites to this Freq which was originally just used for Plant operations. NStar Ops has changed dramatically from it's Boston Edison Days where they chatted over the radio regularly and has likely migrated to DATA - either on those channels or Cellular to Laptops.

Keep listening and do share.
I thought that I'd be able to hear something since it is a repeater?

kb1elv

I ended up hearing some chatter on that frequency last night. Couldn't tell what department or location, but it was TG: 10 Slot 2. Although my home is Somerville, I was monitoring from Ayer, MA at the time. I dug into the FCC database and saw that they have 5 or 6 frequencies at some 8 or so locations in Eastern MA. Closest to me was Nobscot or Southborough at the time. I'm going to keep monitoring to see what I can hear, but as Bill suggested they might have migrated to computer terminals.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I have a bunch of scrap data for Eversource. This is scratch data, so bear with it.
484.9125 , I heard line crews on TG 16
484.8625 on TG 12
484.8875 on TG 14
I've picked up TG 10 on all the above frequencies, plus 484.9375
TG10 was always standard circuit trouble calls, and it appears on single or multiple frequencies, depending on things. The other TGs listed above were more administrative or "day work" type comms.

However close to the top of the year in 2017, all those went silent. I haven't heard anything except for the very rare truck call on 10. The system definitely has much less chatter than before.

HudsonGuy, FYI, Eversource took over NStar.

ecps92

as we move Off Topic to another Company

Not that has been reported. LTR Systems and Analog

Also, depends on where... Gas or Electric ?
Some are still Low Band, others UHF LTR , T-Band etc

I knew ES took over Nstar.. but NatGrid is still a thing.. hmm.. now that I think about it, isnt NG on DMR too?

ecps92

Seems that this Newer License has all the sites, with all 6 Frequencies
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQAK981 - NSTAR Electric Company

I have a bunch of scrap data for Eversource. This is scratch data, so bear with it.
484.9125 , I heard line crews on TG 16
484.8625 on TG 12
484.8875 on TG 14
I've picked up TG 10 on all the above frequencies, plus 484.9375
TG10 was always standard circuit trouble calls, and it appears on single or multiple frequencies, depending on things. The other TGs listed above were more administrative or "day work" type comms.

However close to the top of the year in 2017, all those went silent. I haven't heard anything except for the very rare truck call on 10. The system definitely has much less chatter than before.

HudsonGuy, FYI, Eversource took over NStar.

Status
Not open for further replies.