NSWFB Talkgroup ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_clinton

Hey Guys,

Is it just me or have the NSWFB had all their TGID's changed on the GRN??

It seems they have all been increased by 3.

i.e. Sydney North (Channel 101) used to be TGID 12992, it's now 12995. Also Newc/Lake Macq North (Channel 201) used to be 13104, it's now 13107.

I dawned on me tonight that I haven't heard any fire traffic for ages, this appears to be why!

Does anyone know what the story is?

Cheers
Daniel

richardc63

d_clinton said:
Hey Guys,

Is it just me or have the NSWFB had all their TGID's changed on the GRN??

It seems they have all been increased by 3.

i.e. Sydney North (Channel 101) used to be TGID 12992, it's now 12995. Also Newc/Lake Macq North (Channel 201) used to be 13104, it's now 13107.

I dawned on me tonight that I haven't heard any fire traffic for ages, this appears to be why!

Does anyone know what the story is?

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel,

I have no idea how that could be as they certainly haven't changed in the radios... Could this be due to patching? For example a number of Sydney tg's are patched together (as are the Newcastle/Central Coast). But I can tell you there definitely has been no change to the talkgroup IDs to my knowledge (and in my job I need to know!).

Cheers,

Richard

Air490

It sounds like your scanner is decoding the talkgroups incorrectly. The ones you have nominated as being new are not correct Motorola talkgroups. Correct talkgroups should be multiples of 16.

d_clinton

Well it's definitly odd then! Both my scanners (396T & 996T) are not picking up any NSWFB traffic in scan mode only in search mode, hence my discovery of the different TGID's. I haven't changed anything settings wise for the GRN that I'm aware of and they both used to pick up NSWFB with the listed TGID's. They're picking up every other department no worries. Now I'm baffled.....

d_clinton

Hmmmm, think I just found the problem. The scanners were set to decode the status bit as soon as I changed them to ignore, bingo NSWFB is back. Now I feel like a fool! Hahaha.

grant

I was going to suggest status bit - as that is the talkgroups you see when it is on -but you have already discovered the problem.

Grant

jaskel

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, in last few days I have also noticed my NSWFB channels gone silent on my Moto XTS3000, am i missing something?? they wer fine, i havnt reprogrammed anything...but I have nothing but silence....

Any help is greatly welcome!

richardc63

Hey guys, in last few days I have also noticed my NSWFB channels gone silent on my Moto XTS3000, am i missing something?? they wer fine, i havnt reprogrammed anything...but I have nothing but silence....

Any help is greatly welcome!

Oh dear how sad... people still don't believe radios will get inhibited... some agencies (such as the NSWFB) have the ability to inhibit on both GRN & PMR. A strange or stolen ID will eventually alert someone to inhibit it.

Get a scanner...

Richard

jaskel

Premium Subscriber
no its not inhinited, I will hear it sometimes..I still get ambo, rta etc every now and then i hear fire...weird.

I was considering a scanner...what one u suggest?? I was thinking the UBCT9 base or simalar handheld.... u reckon I need trunktracker 3 or will 2 be fine

Just turned the radio on and it is loud and clear..weird, last night i didnt hear anything..

Last edited:

jaskel

Premium Subscriber
well as of tonight still loud and clear...I cant figure it out.

U guys wer quick to jump on the inhibited bandwagon eh..lol I see u take joy from peoples misery ;)

richardc63

well as of tonight still loud and clear...I cant figure it out.

U guys wer quick to jump on the inhibited bandwagon eh..lol I see u take joy from peoples misery ;)

That is not what provoked the response at all, just people not taking the hint about using transceivers for scanning on trunking systems when they should be using scanners. People get told about radios affiliating but still keep saying "oh no my radio doesn't transmit..."! So no, I have no sympathy for those too stupid to take good advice when it is given to them.

Richard

Luke_g

Hey all,

I have a UBCD396T that i am planning to take with me on my end of year sydney trip to listen to NSWFB. I have a few questions, How do they go on monitoring the GRN??( is it fairly clear), if i just want to hold on a talkgroup ( eg 102 SYD 02) do i get the full transmission or will i miss a bit??? And ill be near Penrith, is reception good out that way??? any help or advise will be great. Thanks in advance.

Cheers Luke

commscanaus

Just a quick question from me in Melbourne to you guys in Sydney,

Does the GRN use P25 digital or is it still analogue?

Possibly coming up to Sydney in October and would like to bring a scanner or 5.

There was a good fire rescue series on TV a while back showing the NSWFB at work and I noticed the Motorola XTL heads in the fire appliances and XTS portables on the fire fighters turn out jackets.
Thought they must be using P25 or at least thinking about it.

Regards, Commscanaus.

richardc63

The NSW GRN is still predominantly analogue Smartzone 4.x with some ASTRO as well. Almost all agencies us only analogue.

The P25 upgrade, more like a rebuild, is just starting with completion due end of March 2011. The network is now managed by Moto, and the project is also being managed by Moto. The network remains in government ownership.

NSWFB use XTL5000 & XTS3000 radios with an upgrade to XTS5000s coming very shortly. All of the agencies are busy designing or programming new profiles as I type.

Cheers,

Richard

commscanaus

Thanks Richard,

I appreciate the reply.

Had a suspicion that the GRN was still using analogue. Some of those reality TV shows have plenty of radio traffic as part of the action- and it is easy to pick digital radio since I have been listening to it for a couple of years now.

Thankfully the Uniden scanners will track with just the control channels programmed which makes it easy on an unfamiliar system.

I have been meaning to come up to NSW in the last couple of years- but ended up going to NT instead!

Regards, Commscanaus.

NSWESP

Premium Subscriber
Im trying to pick a second scanner to pick up NSWFB (I currently have a 396T for most of my stuff) But sometimes i like to have 2 chanells on hold and listen to both (IE: My two nearest NSWFB TG's) any other lesser scanners able to pick up NSWFB for the time being or am i stuck with buying another 396T or 996T??

Status
Not open for further replies.