NTIA Government Master File of Federal Frequency Assignments

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
Update on the excel workbook.

Compiling is containing a lot of man hours. Trying to get it done as fast as humanly possible. I am a college student, so currently time isn't on my side.

In other news, thanks to the NTIA for making some listings have purposes while others don't. Some of them have a listed use while others just say "xxx net" or something similar.

footage

Premium Subscriber
It's been 39 years and I still catch myself regretting my role in getting the GMF classified. But that was a complicated time. BTW, love the term "Prelinger microfiche." If anyone happens to have a set they no longer need, I'd love to buy it as a souvenir for the Prelinger Archives. My set disappeared a long time ago.

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber

Compiling is containing a lot of man hours. Trying to get it done as fast as humanly possible. I am a college student, so currently time isn't on my side.

In other news, thanks to the NTIA for making some listings have purposes while others don't. Some of them have a listed use while others just say "xxx net" or something similar.
That's great!!! we all appreciate your effort!!

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber

I appreciate everything you are doing to make the data more palatable. When I posted this, I never imagined that it would generate this much interest, conversation, and effort. I'm glad I was able to spark that.

And speaking of microfiche, an old friend of mine once had possession of the FCC database on 'fiche. (This was pre-Police Call.) I remember perusing the Michigan section and gleaning quite a bit of info from it. This friend then proceeded to parse the Michigan info on his computer and sort it by county, which he then printed (dot-matrix, of course) and put in a 3-ring binder. Shortly after that, Police Call published the first Michigan/Ohio volume. I have since lost touch with him, but I'd bet that he still has that binder, the microfiche, and probably the computer and printer, too!

ArkTex

KA5AAA
Premium Subscriber
Howdy. Necroing this thread since I don't think it is worth starting a whole new one for continuity's sake. I'd like to provide an update on the frequency workbook I've been working on. Work stalled when I didn't have my main computer with me at college, and was slow on my laptop.

My main computer has been moved into my dorm room recently, so the pace will be picked up on the work. Let me reiterate I am a full time college student, so I'm working on this in my free time between assignments and other things I'm involved in. I plan to get this done sometime in the spring, since I'll have more time then in between classes to work on it.

If anyone would want to collaborate on this, shoot me a message and I'd be happy to have the help.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Methinks the OP was trying to start some sort of conspiracy nonsense.

I still remember "point of dispensing" trainings in .fedworld back as early as 2005, and all the strategic national stockpile/mass prophylaxis/quarantine and isolation trainings provided when I dabbled in EMS for 6 years....well before the Rona.

But I don't have a life. Maybe bubba can enlighten us.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I just came across this today, and noticed this emission for the Coast Guard freqs. Any clue what it may be?

16K00F3E

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
From the dictionary: prophylaxis noun action taken to prevent disease, especially by specified means or against a specified disease.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
And from the HHS website on the subject...

Various mass dispensing modalities may be employed, with the aim of preventing individuals exposed to a biological, chemical, or radiological agent from becoming ill through their receipt of post-exposure prophylaxis. This “mass prophylaxis” is most often provided to affected individuals through “open”, or public points of dispensing (PODs). “Closed” PODs for response partners and vulnerable populations, and direct delivery of prophylaxis to affected individuals may also be used for mass prophylaxis.