NTIRN Questions

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Since I moved out of the area a few years ago, I have been out of the loop as far as the NTIRN goes.

While doing some research, I came across the most recent version of the list of subscribers on the NTIRN system. A few things caught my eye and lead to several questions...

It shows Airbus on the system as a primary user and mutual aid, I recall from research a few years ago, they had some talkgroups on the old Grand Prairie SmartNet system...has anyone found any of their talkgroups as far as their firefighting ops go? Or are they believed to be encrypted like Bell Helicopter Fire is believed to be?

Also, I asked this years ago, but I see BNSF Security listed as a primary user, but not BNSF Police? Anyone heard either of those agencies anywhere? Also AMTRAK Police and UP Police are both listed under mutual aid/interop, anyone heard them either?

I also see that Cresson VFD is now listed as a primary user...which is a shock to me because I thought they were going to the GRRN? Any idea where they may be being dispatched? Is there a talkgroup for them that just hasn't been added yet?

I also see JPS Hospital listed, but not Tarrant County Hospital District Police, which is their own agency, any idea where they operate?

And I also see that TxDPS is now listed as a primary user, is there now a talkgroup they are on other than the one way one they were using on the JoCo site that was just a rebroadcast of TxDPS Mineral Wells (TG 7514)?

Also, Briar Oaks Fire Department, which is well within Johnson County and is/was a part of JoCo fire, is now listed as mutual aid? Are they now dispatched elsewhere?? Bono and Blue Water Oaks, which are also both in JoCo, are also listed as a mutual aid and not a primary user? Any idea where they operate now?

Thank you for any help answering these questions.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
"It shows Airbus on the system as a primary user and mutual aid, I recall from research a few years ago, they had some talkgroups on the old Grand Prairie SmartNet system...has anyone found any of their talkgroups as far as their firefighting ops go? Or are they believed to be encrypted like Bell Helicopter Fire is believed to be?"

I've heard them in the past, but haven't checked lately. It wasn't anything too exciting. Grand Prairie is difficult to hear, unless you're in GP.

"Also, I asked this years ago, but I see BNSF Security listed as a primary user, but not BNSF Police? Anyone heard either of those agencies anywhere? Also AMTRAK Police and UP Police are both listed under mutual aid/interop, anyone heard them either?"

Occasionally, I'll hear short chit-chat on the BSNF talk group. Nothing exciting. Haven't heard AMTRAK, even on the IO channels, that I can recall.

"I also see that Cresson VFD is now listed as a primary user...which is a shock to me because I thought they were going to the GRRN? Any idea where they may be being dispatched? Is there a talk group for them that just hasn't been added yet?"

I hear them responding with Benbrook on their channels. Can't say I've heard them otherwise. Maybe they have TGs on Johnson Co site?

"I also see JPS Hospital listed, but not Tarrant County Hospital District Police, which is their own agency, any idea where they operate?"

Not sure about them, but they might be encrypted or still using Megahertz system. See the Wiki of unidentified talk groups.

"And I also see that TxDPS is now listed as a primary user, is there now a talk group they are on other than the one way one they were using on the JoCo site that was just a rebroadcast of TxDPS Mineral Wells (TG 7514)?"

Not that I've heard.

AA5ST

Cresson VFD was and I think still is dispatched by Parker County Fire but also has Interop Channels on the NTIRN system to talk to Benbrook FD, Fort Worth Fire and Tarrant County Fire Alarm.

TxDPS Mineral Wells talkgroup on NTIRN system is only used in Johnson Co Layer, they have a talkgroup on the Parker County P25 system they use a lot.

Michael Stuart - AA5ST
Azle, Texas - Parker County

Last edited: