• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NTN8831 charger, no lights on a specific battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Ok, This is my current annoyance.

I have two radios I bought with me to my summer duty assignment.
One is a XTS2500 (with a single Nicad battery) and an XTS5000 with a pair of IMPRES batteries.

I dropped the 2500 in the charger for the first time since i got here, and i have no LED on the charger at all. (NTN8831A, non-impress charger)

Figuring that was weird, i went and got the 5000 from the truck, got a flashing yellow (battery temp or voltage issue). Pulled the spare battery for the 5000 and put it in there, and it started charging normally.
When it was done, I pulled it out and put the first one back in, since it had cooled down, it charged normally as well.

Put the 2500 back in, no lights. Re-sat it to be sure, no lights. Tried battery only, no lights.

Battery is not bad, because the radio works just fine.

Aside from buying a new impres charger and a pair of impres batteries on my next paycheck (which i already planned on doing, since the 2500 is my primary radio) any suggestions on what I should do or check?

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Never mind.

I literally just removed the belt clip from the battery and put it back in.

Freaking works now.

bangHeadAgainstWall_zpse9b3740b.gif~c200

ME801

One of those things about Moto products. I have two impress chargers, put a battery for my APX in the charger, steady yellow (on a 2 month old battery). Change the APX adapter to the other charger, insert APX battery green light. Put a XTS battery in the first charger, the one giving me a yellow light on the APX battery, green light....go figure.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
steady yellow mean an impres battery is reciving a conditioning.

thats a good thing.

ME801

My error, I meant flashing yellow which means "see manual". Sorry about that.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Happened to me with one of my XPR7550 units. The belt clip sits just low enough that when on the charger it prevents the radio from seating properly. Took me a bit to figure it out so your not alone.

N4KVE

My error, I meant flashing yellow which means "see manual". Sorry about that.
When I come in from outside, & try to charge my battery, I sometimes get that flashing yellow. It means the battery is too hot. 3 minutes in the freezer, & back in the charger. Works every time.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
One of those things about Moto products. I have two impress chargers, put a battery for my APX in the charger, steady yellow (on a 2 month old battery). Change the APX adapter to the other charger, insert APX battery green light. Put a XTS battery in the first charger, the one giving me a yellow light on the APX battery, green light....go figure.

What's the firmware versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.