Nucor Steel Jackson Flowood,MS DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
If anyone can help identify the color codes, time slots, and Talkgroups for Nucor steel Jackson in flowood, MS.
It’s listed as a Motorola Capacity Plus Single Site when in fact it’s just a conventional DMR system. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
-Blake

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
I only have a Unication G5 and a Motorola XPR3500e so this is impractical for me to do. I was trying to see if anyone in this area could offer any information.

Technoguy58

Curious as to why you think it not trunked. Everytime I check, I see multiple T.G.s across different frequencies (that is for any specific T.G. it shows up across all frequencies). So it definitely is a CAP system. I see they have switched almost completely to UHF from VHF as has the other NUCOR location. I'll submit new info.

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
Because I looked at the fcc license and it’s listed as business conventional and not business trunked. That’s why and look under rankin county businesses and they have conventional DMR channels listed

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Because I looked at the fcc license and it’s listed as business conventional and not business trunked. That’s why and look under rankin county businesses and they have conventional DMR channels listed

Between the state using frequencies here with licenses for them 200 miles away, and Entergy being licensed for 100+ frequencies and only using 3; I've learned that going by FCC licenses will get you in the ballpark, but they are not always the cure. As are DMR frequencies being used in analog or NXDN, or trunking frequencies being used in conventional mode, and vise versa and also the reverse. I stopped noting FCC license discrepencies from what I actually saw/heard years ago. I sleep better because of it.

The only "for sure" confirmation is a capable radio analyzing the system and using ALL of it's features to decode it. Short of that, nothing is for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.