number stations on hf

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterwo2e

anybody from the old days remember those number stations on hf? they would just say numbers only. sometimes a female or male sometimes in Spanish. they would just broadcast numbers only. no call letters or id were ever given. i been out of amateur radio for a few years but maybe they still out there . any comments?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Moved to the utility forum where you will find lots of recent comments on numbers stations. They're still VERY much out there (never really left, actually) ... Don't fall into the trap of just reading new posts. Reading the older posts is where you'll find a gold mine of info... Mike

Rick1959

Premium Subscriber
Pete, yes many folks continue to monitor number stations and many of us can talk about the days of Havana Moon. A good place to start would be the Enigma web site, a site devoted to tracking the stations. Also, check out the #wunclub chatroom, on StarChat. A number of regulars in the chatroom (who also post here) have been chasing number stations for years. Welcome back to the hobby.

anybody from the old days remember those number stations on hf? they would just say numbers only. sometimes a female or male sometimes in Spanish. they would just broadcast numbers only. no call letters or id were ever given. i been out of amateur radio for a few years but maybe they still out there . any comments?

zl2taw

Hi peter, yes the number stations are rocking,
If Token reads this, he has a better insight than myself with the numbers stations

jf4164

Hello:
Figured I would check in with this thread,
I was the Lt. John Fuard he referred to in his columns.
Actually was with the intelligence division of a large sheriff's office in South Florida.
Bill(his real name) and I made many road trips down to the Miami area chasing down KKN39 and the other sites near MetroZoo.

I do miss him.

John Fulford
WA4VPY--West Palm Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.