Nutty ham chatter on 14313

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogjello

Amusing "chit-chat",1900-2200 UTC, hams getting VERY upset at "Donnie",QRM'ing. He will go up to 14314,and call CQ over and over,apparently to annoy others on lower freqs. strong sig here in central Illinois. He claims to be in Georgia. I won't repeat his call-sign,but I will bet many here have heard him,other hams claim this has been going on for months. All USB.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

That's the status quo, best to just avoid 14313Khz Donnie and some guy named Karol out of VE7 land as well. Were they doing the sound effects tonight? Or music? Or machine gun sounds?

dogjello

No sound effects,just a lot of long-winded rambling,calling CQ over,and over..At one point I think he was talking to himself...

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Well keep listening, it get real entertaining at times

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"That's the status quo, best to just avoid 14313Khz Donnie and some guy named Karol out of VE7 land as well."

Yeah, KKKarol VE7KFM and his Klown Circus have been around for years and like K1MAN the entertainment value died very early on. Frankly I'm surprised anyone even mentioned it this late in the game but if there are a few unfamiliar just Google for a bit of information overload, mostly just nonsense. No sense continuing here, just a boring waste of server space.

dogjello

I must post an apology here,I had no idea of the depth and depravity of this person. I've been away from SWL for many years,and only thought I had found a "nutcase" with a 20M transceiver. Warren,I did do a search,and was very disturbing. Again,I apologize. mike m.

CDN

VE7KFM Duplicate Account
Banned
The Real Circus & Clowns on 14.313 MHz

"That's the status quo, best to just avoid 14313Khz Donnie and some guy named Karol out of VE7 land as well."

Yeah, KKKarol VE7KFM and his Klown Circus have been around for years..../QUOTE]

As usual, Warren KB2VXA doth protest too much, too hyperbolically and much too inaccurately – especially about someone [Karol VE7KFM] who nominally is not here to defend himself….

So let us count the error of Warren’s Technician ways – opining as he does about HF, something he per force knows less about -- and set the facts/record straight, especially for inexperienced/impressionable/patently mis-led ‘newbies’ such as "dogjello", the OP:

Karol [sic] VE7KFM is virtually never heard ab initio calling on 14.313 MHz. Karol has an interest in ~14.272-.274 MHz on the 20m Band. For reasons why, either carefully monitor the frequency range ~14.272-.274 MHz or peruse: THE LIFE OF RILEY

The occasional time when VE7KFM is heard on 14.313 MHz it’s usually either after being DIRECTLY called thereon by Donnie N4TAT, David WA1BHV or Doug NR5T -- or occasionally replying to their CQs -- but typically only if they have no other takers and/or are being maliciously QRM’ed….

N4TAT -- w/ whom VE7KFM had at least one vehement on-air disagreement lasting more than an hour w/i the past year -- is nobody’s fool….
Ergo, he is unlikely to be Karol’s “Klown” and as a single/solitary individual, logically can NOT be a “Circus”….

BTW I have observed that N4TAT is NOT all that friendly w/ WA1BHV and especially NR5T, w/ whom he has had more than one serious on-air disagreement….
Ergo, it’s highly unlikely that the minimum two or the maximum three of them would band together long enough to form a “Circus” for Karol….

But, Warren is right in VERY small part: there is a “Circus” on 14.313 MHz....

The “Circus” that Warren “projects” on VE7KFM and one to three ad hoc correspondents there, is currently composed of his sometime “friends” – usually working in concert/QRM’ing w/ several unidentified HAMereekan stations -- some of whom do NOT even appear to have a licence and/or FRAUDulently use call-signs belonging to other licencees!

To determine the Truth of this for yourself, CAREFULLY listen to 14.313 MHz for a day, week or month -- but remember to always engage brain 1st [assuming you have one] -- and pay particular attention to what is HAPPENING on freq., not what the 14.313 MHz “Circus” SAYS is happening….

And, if the “Circus” sends you off-air to an exceedingly short, ANONymous, UN-attributed, Cloaked but fundamentally FRAUDulent website that has VE7KFM as the ONLY identifier in the URL, that should be your 1st definitive clue that you have sh*t-for-brains and are getting snookered!

GL in the KKKontest [sic] as Brian ‘Psycho’ CROW K3VR, the widely acknowledged Head “Klown” and Master of the 20m travelling “Circus” is wont to say....

EDIT: Links to personal attack web sites deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone listen in on these crazy people on 14313? I googled the one call sign N4TAT, and he's evidently been reprimanded by the FCC, and has a reputation for being a problem ham. Right now he's basically going on about how employees of government agencies spend too much time "playing with themselves", specifically the FCC..

jdobbs2001

Listening now. they are having a political drinking contest. and one guy trying to jam the frequency. Its like CB. But less "Howboutits and no doubts"

lots of crazyness going on. Someone should put 14313khz as a radiofeed on the internet.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Who cares? If you don't like it, spin the VFO.

Well, one of the main, er, characters on this frequency is here in my home town, about a mile away. So he tends to swamp things for 3 Khz in both directions when he does get going. But still, no big deal. Sometimes a listen in for a minute or two just for a chuckle.

wbswetnam

Nothing new, the 14.313 issue is decades old.

There was recently some FCC enforcement with that group: FCC Releases Warning Notices to Several Radio Amateurs Every few years the FCC steps in and issues fines.

Before I was a radio amateur, I was a shortwave radio listener for decades. I kept a log of the shortwave broadcasters, utility stations and ham operators that I heard. Here is my entry for 26 September 1996:

"14.313USB - Paramilitary-type ham operators calling themselves the 'Stump Jumpers' - lots of foul language and dissing each other."

So yeah, they are nothing new.

jdobbs2001

KZ8O calling WW4D "Big Dog Fred, Walks the Walk Talks The Talk" is calling CQ on 14.313 if anyone wants to get a QSL.

Last edited:

jdobbs2001

Before I was a radio amateur, I was a shortwave radio listener for decades. I kept a log of the shortwave broadcasters, utility stations and ham operators that I heard. Here is my entry for 26 September 1996:

"14.313USB - Paramilitary-type ham operators calling themselves the 'Stump Jumpers' - lots of foul language and dissing each other."

So yeah, they are nothing new.

Someone told me that each band has a specific LID frequency allocated to keep them in one place from impacting the rest of the bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.