NV BLM Battle Mtn District

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
2020 radio freq list for Battle Mountain area BLM in Nevada - info from freq list for Las Vegas NV area wildfire mobile radios

171.725 R - 164.8375 input - repeaters at - Lewis + Prospect + Calaghan + Warm Springs + Mohawk + Sawtooth - (I assume those are all mountain tops)

171.725 - simplex - TX + RX - with PL 100.0 on TX and RX also - "Booker Local" - (I assume this is a base station near the Dispatch Office)

173.775 R - 165.75 input - TNF - (Toiyabe Humboldt Natl Forest) - repeaters at Bald + Austin + Brock + Bunker + Jefferson + Mahogany

167.525 - Primary air to ground (A/G 15)

166.6375 - 2ndary air to ground (A/G 2)

BLM SOA - 171.675 - mobiles TX and RX PL 114.8 - (SOA = scene of action = short range fireground comms)

Paysonscanner

Booker is right next to Tonopah, where a field office on the Battle Mountain District is located. The U.S. Forest Service has a ranger district located there and they have a remote base on Brock, a peak close to Tonopah. Dispatch for the Battle Mtn. District is located in Winnemucca, which is called the Central Nevada Interagency Dispatch Center or something similar. It is the only BLM district without its own dispatch. Central Nevada also dispatches the Austin and Tonopah districts of the Humboldt-Toiyabe as well as the Santa Rosa district of the same forest. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is also dispatched by the 5 interagency centers in Nevada. The National Park Service has its own comm centers, but are full interagency partners in wildland fire management. I think these NV centers also cover the fire function for the BIA. Late Hubby and I loved to explore Nevada's remoteness and listen to natural resource agencies on handhelds we carried on our backpacks. But, you haven't lived until you've stayed at the Mizpah Hotel in Nevada. We only stayed once as the tobacco smoke was unbearable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.