NW Energy 460 Mhz trunked frequencies in Missoula Montana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello-

I live in Ravalli County here in Montana, and I have been trying to find active Northwestern Energy radio frequencies in the FCC ULS database for both Missoula county and Ravalli county for a while now. When going through the ULS I find that all of the listed frequencies for Northwestern Energy have been canceled.

I received information from one of the members here on RR which was greatly appreciated, he said that Northwestern Energy had switched to a trunking system in the UHF range of 460 Mhz. And that was why the old licenses were canceled.

Here are two links that I received in the RR database-----

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/... Corporation

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/...llsign=WQPF630

When I looked at these links,and looked through the RR database for Missoula, there were no control channels specifically listed or mentioned ,only the frequencies themselves were listed.I recently moved from Washington State, and all of the trunking was 800 MHZ that I was aware of around the Seattle area.

I am confused however, how are these frequencies which are 460 MHZ conventional,be programmed as trunked into my BCD436HP scanner?

With these also not in the sentinel database,I will need to program them manually.

So,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Without working links, won't really be able to know if we are answering correctly. But, I think the links were to the FCC data, not RR database. FCC data will not show trunked system details. Someone has to monitor and determine the correct trunked system parameters, then submit that information to RadioReference in order for it to become part of RRDB.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Looked at the second link again. I believe it must be:
WQPF630 (NORTHWESTERN CORPORATION) FCC Callsign Details

As I mentioned above, this is not data that is in the RadioReference database. Someone will need to monitor that system and determine the system parameters. As the license is for an analog voice type system, this rules out it being P25 or DMR. So, it is likely Motorola, EDACS, or LTR. If Moto, you'd need to determine the Base, Step, and Offset. If EDACS or LTR you'd need to determine the LCN.

nd5y

As the license is for an analog voice type system, this rules out it being P25 or DMR.
I would not automatically rule that out. It would not be the first time somebody used digital emission modes when the license is for analog only.

JamesO

You might see if Lindsay has any info, he apparently lives in Whitefish so he may have info on Missoula.

Status
Not open for further replies.