NW Indiana Air Medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbrane

There are no listings in the DB for Air Medical in the NW Indiana area. I would think if they need one, it would come out of Chicago. Can anyone advise what ones are used in that area? Then maybe they could be added to the Air Medical DB.
As a side thought, same goes for the Jeffersonville area in SE Indiana. They most likely come from the Louisville area.

Last edited:

W9NES

155.205 Smartan Helicopter, 460.500 Lutherian Air,Ft.Wayne, 5040 Talkgroup on Safe-t (Flightwatch). Jeffersonville and SE Indiana. 155.400 (Former Statcare) out of Louisville,Ky.The Air Medical frequencies were found for Southern Indiana by looking at the list for Kentucky on the database for RR.(Jeffersonvile is just north of Downtown Louisville, Statcare was also using 155.475 to talk to Indiana State Police( ILEEN) in southern Indiana to talk to Troopers to set down at accidents on the interstate I-65 in the Dist 45 Sellersburg area.

Last edited:

KidClerk

Feed Provider
True for Lake and Porter Counties possibly, but PHI out of Lafayette seems to be the preferred provider in Newton, Benton and Jasper counties. Unlike most of the other air medical providers, they are not affiliated with any one hospital network and will transport to any trauma center. Before so many options were available, Newton Co. relied on UCAN (University of Chicago) or Loyola Medical Center. Jasper Co. Hospital used to rely on Good Samaritan out of Ft. Wayne as they have a bird in Rochester. The problem with that is that the patients were flown to Ft. Wayne and that isn't a very convenient commute for families from this area. They still use them plus PHI. I don't really know who is used when you get over into Laporte/Pulaski/Starke, etc. I'm guessing there is a provider out of South Bend. White, Carroll, etc. is very close to Lafayette and PHI is used there.

PHI can be heard on the MA talkgroups when they are approaching an accident scene and are communicating with the local fire department or ambulance service. They are heard on IHERN when flying into a hospital for patient pick up.

There are no listings in the DB for Air Medical in the NW Indiana area. I would think if they need one, it would come out of Chicago. Can anyone advise what ones are used in that area? Then maybe they could be added to the Air Medical DB.
As a side thought, same goes for the Jeffersonville area in SE Indiana. They most likely come from the Louisville area.

W9NES

After I checked the ILLINOIS data base for EMS/Ambulance/Medical helicopters I found a repeater that is being used in Evansville,Indiana that is on top of St.Mary's Medical Center 462.950 (ARCH) that is also being used for medical helicopter use.

W9NES

Madison County Fire does not use the Statewide MA Safe-t contact frequencies. When they are on the scene of a accident and PHI is requested the command will tell dispatch to let PHI know to conact us on Fireground 2 153.890. Fireground 2 is the on scene channel they use to talk to PHI when they are enroute to a LZ (Landing Zone).

h00sierdaddy

Lake & Porter Counties (aka 'the region') exclusively use University of Chicago (UCAN) for scene responses because they are the closest trauma center. Airmeds from all over do inter-facility transfers.

W9NES

Thank You tco 33 for your post on Lake and Porter Counties and that UCAN is the primary responder for Air Medical coverage in the region.

djbrane

Lake & Porter Counties (aka 'the region') exclusively use University of Chicago (UCAN) for scene responses because they are the closest trauma center. Airmeds from all over do inter-facility transfers.

Thank you. Exactly what kind of information I was asking for with my original post

Status
Not open for further replies.