NW Iowa 155.01 P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
Was cruising through Dickinson, Clay and Osceola counties last night and heard P25 transmissions with a small amount of encryption on 155.01.

FCC files show this licensed in NW Iowa to Emmet, Ida and Woodbury Counties. I live in Woodbury and have never heard it here and the RR database shows this frequency as depreciated in Ida County.

Without checking Minnesota licenses, this leaves Emmet, which does use P25 for dispatch. But, 155.01 is unidentified in the RR FCC database list. As I drove further away from Emmet County, the worse the signal level was.

Can anyone confirm this is Emmet County? Traffic seemed to be of the car-car nature with no dispatch or id's noted.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
I heard it in parts of three different counties, so I'd have to guess repeated. Without rechecking the license, I think Emmet has it licensed for 180 watts ERP as an FB2

timkilbride

Database Admin
I heard it in parts of three different counties, so I'd have to guess repeated. Without rechecking the license, I think Emmet has it licensed for 180 watts ERP as an FB2

I see a FB2 on 155.010. I will do some checking into this.

Tim

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
It's a constant annoyance in Lyon County. Seems like every day this comes up. Pain in the rear because I use older scanners without tone capability to pick up Rock County MN (repeater only like 15 miles from me) on that fq -- 155.010. Pretty sure it's not them though -- signal is moderate, but not THAT strong. (Not like 15 miles away, that would be quite strong) Emmet sounds feasible . . .

SVA

timkilbride

Database Admin
I plugged the frequency into a radio in SW Pocahontas County, it hasn't received it over the last couple weeks.

Tim

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm this as Emmet County.

Heard an officer calling Emmet on 155.010 unknown NAC. The officer was running 27s and 28s. Otherwise, unknown use.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the confirmation. I was pretty sure that's what it had to be, but nice to have the confirmation.

It's not constant enough to be annoying every day, but when the band's just right or something, then it's a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.