• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NW Pennsylvania Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

devildogusmc4

Does anybody around NW PA pick up an idiot on Channel 6. His CB goes over 25 miles and I didn't know if anyone else received him. Also do you think he has a homebase unit?

SCPD

QRT
channel 6 aka super bowl is full of idiots who run mega watts just to hear themselves all day long,sometimes make you wonder if they have a job to support their radio lifestyle instead of us tax payers they always saying"getting down" you should know what kind of folks I am talking about with their street slang.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Oh no, channel 6, teh boww. AKA Idiot Central and with more pills than a pharmacy they can be anywhere. I'm sure that with 39 other channels you can find something better to listen to.

vdubb16

Yea he could be just about anywhere with the power that people run. but a base setup with just a simple verticle reasonable elevated on a tower of sort, 25 miles is do-able on a legal radio especially if he happens to be on higher ground. Back in the day i remember my grandfather callin for my gma when he was out on his motorcycle up at the cabin in Elk county. We were very top of the hill and he had his antenna atop a pine tree easily 100ft up. He would ride all day seeing where he could reach from. Line of sight played the big part when he was high on the hills

PrimeNumber

With all the skip going on in the daytime, there's always an idiot to be found screaming on Ch. 6 – and probably spattering over onto Chs. 5 & 7 too. Could be local, but most likely skipping in from 1000 miles away. Until the FCC takes on the job of cleaning out the swamp (and I'm not exactly holding my breath here), about all that relatively normal users can do is move on to the remaining 37 channels.

reedeb

With all the skip going on in the daytime, there's always an idiot to be found screaming on Ch. 6 – and probably spattering over onto Chs. 5 & 7 too. Could be local, but most likely skipping in from 1000 miles away. Until the FCC takes on the job of cleaning out the swamp (and I'm not exactly holding my breath here), about all that relatively normal users can do is move on to the remaining 37 channels.

THIS has been going on since a least the late 70's to early 80's AFTER FCC dropped licensing requirements. The folks far off never bothered me It was the Yahoos with the power trips, REAL radios,and Antennas 100 feet in the air. that lived 5 miles or so away that ticked me off. The mindset was have a export radio modded to the hilt, amp it up 500 to 2500 watts, antenna as high as they could get it. and talk with their bud 1/2 a mile away and both tell each other "You're slamming me man!!" [like a string and 2 cans couldn't have done it?} THEN we had a CB gang in Rochester NH called the Midnight Marauders that if someone got in an argument with one of em they'd get together and beat em up. I don't know if the group is still around, and I really don't care. I do hope for THEIR sakes they moved on and live a better life.

freqs

We have the same crap up here in Mich .I was listening to CB on the Scanner and this guy keeps talking how they should legalize Weed because he smokes 2 joints or more a day iam sure he has a great job .He F bomb's all the time has big power .I bet his kids are real proud of this guy .Get near a big City and ya see what ya get junk people .This is why Ive not been on CB in years except for work use ..There is no radio worth talking on anymore .

vinzep491

We have the same crap up here in Mich .I was listening to CB on the Scanner and this guy keeps talking how they should legalize Weed because he smokes 2 joints or more a day iam sure he has a great job .He F bomb's all the time has big power .I bet his kids are real proud of this guy .Get near a big City and ya see what ya get junk people .This is why Ive not been on CB in years except for work use ..There is no radio worth talking on anymore .

I couldn't agree with you more.

CB just isn't what it used to be. Once you finally find a good channel with someone cool to talk to the next idiot comes by and just drowns you out.

If they want power they should get their HAM license and do it the right way. The CB band should be left for it's intended purpose, and it's 4 measly watts

:)

gewecke

Banned
*Yawn* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

n9zas

mike_gain

Well, you can use ch 6 aka Super Bowel to check band conditions for 10 meters. If there is any opening at all you will hear it on ch 6.

CB is full of trash-talking people! I can't even listen to CB around the family!! It's sad! I was considering getting a CB to hold me off until I have the time to get a HAM licence, but I don't think I want to be talking to these people.

misterpaul71

Premium Subscriber
Prime Number wrote: I love it! Using the inmates of the Ch 6 insane asylum as HF beacons. "When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade."

Thats exactly what I do here in Ireland :) when theres nothing happening up above I scan the US CB channels and invariably end up on channel 6. Some of these folks may be crazy, but from an outsiders point of view its actually quite good entertainment. I love all the slang talk.

swm77662

Ch 6 SSB fun

I was thinking that if a lot of people were to get on Ch 6 and start having conversations with SSB that might have an interesting effect on "bowl" traffic, ha ha ha.

kb2vxa

Banned
"channel 6 is nothing compared to 147.35 in los angeles."

Oh no, the infamous sewer pipe. Don't look now but Jack Gerritsen is on the loose... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.