NW SLERS Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Haven't played with SLERS in long time. Now my antenna has got problems or SLERS seems to
have less stations. The 2 I can see from SE Alabama seems to have encrypted their control
channel. Bravo14, you are close to me I think, is this the case or do I have something wrong?

Mil

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Bay County. I hardly hear anything on SLERS once awhile I'll hear Walton Cnty or Okaloosa Cnty other than I don't hear nothing for days or weeks. Now if I'm Walton Cnty I will hear FR and other open TGs there. Where are located at?

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
I'm live in Taylor just west of Dothan. I just played with SLERS for something to do. Like you said nothing to
hear, long for 154.665 days, right? 854.15 was always there, no matter which way by beam was pointed, but
today Unitrunker just sits there, like its encrypted. 852.1875 same way. I just thought of something, I'm using
the latest UT. I will roll back to an earlier version and see what it does.

Mil

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Depending on weather since you are in AL. Depending what tower or site you trying to listen on how many signal bars do you get? Some sites don't go far. My area uses 2 sites and PC/PCB I get 4-5 bars don't hear nothing I locked out all the Enc TG. Callaway depending what freq I get 1-4 bars and I don't hear nothing. I use Unitrunker for Site info as in how many LCN that site uses. Than I figure out the LCN order to follow the TG correctly. I use the sds 100&200 to scan the site.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
I'm using sdr's. UT shows close to 100 on 854.15. Can you give me a freq and Unitrunker ver that works well for you?

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
I think I will just forget SLERS since there is nothing to listen to. Thanks,

Mil

CORN

Premium Subscriber
The last time I was in Okaloosa Co (around middle of October) the medics and fire depts for Okaloosa and Walton Counties were coming in loud and clear. Of course you prob need to be within range of those counties towers to hear it.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Corn, I use an SDR and Unitrunker to log sites and users just for something to do. The latest
beta version of unitrunker finally got me a little closer to working again. Yea Okla. and Walton are good
here when skip is running but that has been hit or miss lately. Go Tigers, Auburn of course.

wise871

Database Admin
I listen to SLERS all the time for Walton and Okaloosa systems that are not encrypted. Fire and EMS are pretty busy.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
wise871 can you tell me what 856.525 is and the type of modulation? DSDPlus or Unitrunker
won't decode, encrypted control channel, I've been wrong a lot lately.

Mil

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I listen to SLERS all the time for Walton and Okaloosa systems that are not encrypted. Fire and EMS are pretty busy.
Is the SLERS you listen to an EDACS System? I know SLERS uses P25 and EDACS. I think all the P25 systems are encrypted but don't know about their EDACS system.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Is the SLERS you listen to an EDACS System? I know SLERS uses P25 and EDACS. I think all the P25 systems are encrypted but don't know about their EDACS system.
Are you talking about the new p25 for slers? I don't hear nothing from the p25 system.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
I was wrong again. Unitrunker does decode 856.525. It is EDACS.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Thanks wise871 hoping you were close enough to see what type
signal 856.525 was. Looks as if the FCC data search site is down, can
someone verify this for me?

Mil

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Yea it was back up about 10 minutes after I posted that. It had quit working for me
about 7 last night. Nothing has been going right for me lately.

Mil

harrisjt

Premium Subscriber
To pick up the unencrypted tgs you will need to be close to the county you want to listen to. Also for the talkgroups for the county/local/city user’s of slers radios are in most cases are only permitted to affiliate to the sites in the users county and the adjacent county(s) to them. This is done to keep from tying up system resources. However Their radios do have the standard talkgroups for interoperability that all users of slers have that can be used on sites statewide

harrisjt

Premium Subscriber
Are you talking about the new p25 for slers? I don't hear nothing from the p25 system.

The P25 sites are the air sites for helocopters and the FHP plane. The system is optimized to cover up toward the sky and not on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.