NWORPS is it a LSM system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris3434

The north west Ohio regional public safety system is it a linear simulcast modulation??
With the new Lucas county computer dispatch system upgrade are they going to LSM??

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The north west Ohio regional public safety system is it a linear simulcast modulation?? With the new Lucas county computer dispatch system upgrade are they going to LSM??

Yes, the system is already LSM (also known as CQPSK on the discussion forums). CAD has nothing to do with it.

scottmaumee

Supposed to be a nice system, but they are having issues with it from what I hear on the air. I generally monitor Maumee traffic 24/7. PD cars are randomly disappearing off the system or transforming themselves into Toledo and County sheriff units. There has been a lot of calls to the 911 office trying to figure this thing out.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Supposed to be a nice system, but they are having issues with it from what I hear on the air. I generally monitor Maumee traffic 24/7. PD cars are randomly disappearing off the system or transforming themselves into Toledo and County sheriff units. There has been a lot of calls to the 911 office trying to figure this thing out.

I assume you are talking about the new CAD system that went online and not the radio system.

As for the CAD system, I have spoke with officers and they do not like it. The CAD system has been nothing but trouble for Lucas County. It has been delayed for almost two years because of issues. Apparently the issues have not been solved.

scottmaumee

I assume you are talking about the new CAD system that went online and not the radio system.

As for the CAD system, I have spoke with officers and they do not like it. The CAD system has been nothing but trouble for Lucas County. It has been delayed for almost two years because of issues. Apparently the issues have not been solved.

Should have been a little more specific and referred to the CAD system. You can hear the officers excitement over using the new system on air when it tells them they are still logged on a call from an hour ago across town. Wonder how long until an officer gets fed up and shoots the MDT.

stpd438

The best was when one of the TriTech (new CAD vendor) techs said to me, "There's no such thing as a good CAD system...it's more of which system sucks the least." I figured that's a good mantra to have...just be slightly better than the competition, and forget about doing things correctly. Smh.

scottmaumee

The best was when one of the TriTech (new CAD vendor) techs said to me, "There's no such thing as a good CAD system...it's more of which system sucks the least." I figured that's a good mantra to have...just be slightly better than the competition, and forget about doing things correctly. Smh.

I work in the automotive aftermarket ... had a few outside sales reps tell me "our product sucks, buy the other guy" before .. lol

scottmaumee

Almost 30 days on the new CAD system, and still having major issues with stability of the system overall. Funny to hear some of these dispatchers turn into tech support for the crews in the field, having them try all these different tricks before they call the central 911 office for help.

At what point do you tell the vendor that you have spent all this money for a product and they have a dud that works 50% of the time if they are lucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.