NWR-SAME alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpowley

The alert systems really do work - I have the local and surrounding counties plugged into my scanners and it works well - too well at times.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You have to dedicate the scanner to get SAME alerts, cannot do anything else with it.

crazyboy

I dont know about the Unidens. But the Radioshack's you can set it to wx priority and it will alert you.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
That is incorrect, that only works for the generic tone. If you want to use SAME codes, you have to dedicate the scanner to SAME alert.

crazyboy

rdale said:
That is incorrect, that only works for the generic tone. If you want to use SAME codes, you have to dedicate the scanner to SAME alert.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. Still alerts to bad weather though.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
All Uniden radios offer up weather priority just like the RS variety... But SAME codes offer much more selectivity, and due to the way the NWS set up the system it can't be done without 100% monitoring (just like fire tone-out.)

crazyboy

No priority can be 100% guaranteed to hear everything. So if you want the same selectivity and the be able to hear all the activations then your going to have to dedicate your scanner or goto RS and get yourself a cheap wx raio.

AE5C

My Radio Shack Pro-97 alerts on the SAME codes quicker than my Midland WX radio.

It beats it out by about 10 seconds or so.

Just thought that it was interesting.

SCPD

QRT
SAME/FIPS codes

All the codes at the NOAA site begin with 1's the local cable companies here, have 23761 on one cable TV system ( it's the national Weather channel on both) & and 24140 on the other for the Same Montgomery, Alabama area how do different codes for the same are come in to play?t
Thanks
PAul

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.