NWS WXL55 Williamsport PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihregistry

I live in Lewisburg and the NWS station 162.4 WXL55 is the station to broadcast for Union County. The station is crappy reception no matter time of day or radio used. The other stations come in a lot better but the forecast isn't for our area. Are any others having issues? I am also do not get my alerts for weather conditions.

Jim_Shaffer

I'm about halfway between Lewisburg and the transmitter and it's coming in loud and clear for me, I just checked. Has it always been that way for you?

ihregistry

I live 4 miles west of West milton and it started about 6 months ago slowly getting fuzzy then weak then fading and crappy. 162.525 and 162.550 come in crystal clear and clean. So I don't understand it. I checked it on 3 units, my main TRX-2 a PRO94 and
bearcat BC125AT From a friend. Same thing. I am also using a outdoor antenna.

KB2GOM

I live 4 miles west of West milton and it started about 6 months ago slowly getting fuzzy then weak then fading and crappy. 162.525 and 162.550 come in crystal clear and clean. So I don't understand it. I checked it on 3 units, my main TRX-2 a PRO94 and
bearcat BC125AT From a friend. Same thing. I am also using a outdoor antenna.

Have you tried listening to it on a handheld unit away from your home location?

ihregistry

If I go east about 3 miles the quality improved. Going west I need to go about 5 miles to have the quality improved. I have walked around the neighborhood to see if I can find a specific area that is worse but cant find anything other then normal things to inference with signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.