• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-1300 On IP Site Connect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTRadioGuy

Greetings,
I got a new NX-1300 with the DMR option recently. I like it and I got it programmed to work on a stand alone digital repeater. Will this thing work on IP Site Connect? I have a local Ham DMR repeater near me and I can't get it to work right. I have a Motorola XPR7550 that I programmed for the same repeater that works just fine. I'm not sure what the issue is (other than the fact that I didn't buy an EID from /\/\). Any help is appreciated.

VTRadioGuy

They will do DMR site Roaming which is IP site connect
So, I have been pretty busy and this fell by the wayside. I have picked it up again and gone through the codeplug, called Kenwood tech support and had several friends take a look. I must be overlooking something. I can't get the radio to open the repeater on any timeslot that is wide area.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
Set radio up as conventional zone not site roam. When they say ip site connect they are referring to how the repeaters are connected. To program your radio just set up conventional dmr zone and make sure you are using a talkgroup carried by the repeater you are trying to connect to. Each repeater can carry different talkgroups on different time slots. Some might be full time some might be ptt activated, some might not be available at all try to check with the local club or reapeater owner for info. If you are out of range on dmr, you will get a bonk. Keep in mind that sometimes just because you can hear a repeater doesnt mean it will be able to hear you. Good Luck and have fun, 73.

celltech25

Set radio up as conventional zone not site roam. When they say ip site connect they are referring to how the repeaters are connected. To program your radio just set up conventional dmr zone and make sure you are using a talkgroup carried by the repeater you are trying to connect to. Each repeater can carry different talkgroups on different time slots. Some might be full time some might be ptt activated, some might not be available at all try to check with the local club or reapeater owner for info. If you are out of range on dmr, you will get a bonk. Keep in mind that sometimes just because you can hear a repeater doesnt mean it will be able to hear you. Good Luck and have fun, 73.

Umm sitting it up as conventional will not make it roam between sites as you move around which defeats the purpose of IP site connect in most situations

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
Umm sitting it up as conventional will not make it roam between sites as you move around which defeats the purpose of IP site connect in most situations
With ham repeaters using multiple talkgroups how would you control what talkgroup or repeater you're going to transmit on? I havent found an efficient way to set this up with a kenwood. Also the repeater would lac the data burst to tell the radio what tower is closest. What you're describing is site roam, designed for commercial application using one or two talkgroups. Op was inquiring about getting onto a site connected ham repeater such as the MARC or Brandmeister, you would not normally make a site rome zone to connect to one. Feel free to experiment though.

EWC_BDN

I think you might not be able to make that work. IP site connect isn't really DMR as far as i know. Each manufacturer has different proprietary solution for things that aren't part of the DMR standard. Things like Transmit interrupt, it's never cross vendor compatible.
I haven't tried it, but there might be something different about the data the radio is sending when you check the IP site connect box on the personality. Might also not be. If they use RAS you're out of luck because that's a proprietary access control thing Motorola made up. Land mobile digital Radio is a fun minefield of this kind of thing. end users looking for deals often find out their deal on a radio wasn't a deal and isn't useable with their other radios.

There is demand for features, but if they aren't in DMR. The vendors will just make up their own solutions.
It's a bit different in P25, but there it's boutique features they to to get added to big RFPs that only their vendor supports.

Does your radio allow you to TX or does it give you a denial tone?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The OP did not ask about site roam so I don't know why y'all are giving answers along those lines. He simply can't access the repeater that is IPSC, nothing to do with site roam on the receive side.

Is the repeater a Motorola? Cross pollenating a K to a M takes a bit of work. The same DMR standards apply, but how they are implemented are another story.

Now I'm a little lean on NX-1300's so I will use my knowledge on the NX-3XXX series.

Try this, put your talkgroup(s) ID in the ID/STATUS LIST window under DMR GROUP ID LIST. Then go to the personality of the repeater in question and then set the CALL TYPE (SELCALL ON PTT) as group call. On the next column set the correct talkgroup from your ID list in NUMBER ON ID LIST (SELCALL ON PTT). You will have to make multiple personalities for every talkgroup ID you wish to use on that repeater. Then just assign the personalities to your zone/channel assignment.

Of course if the repeater is RAS enabled, all bets are off.

Clear as mud?

Last edited:

VTRadioGuy

The OP did not ask about site roam so I don't know why y'all are giving answers along those lines. He simply can't access the repeater that is IPSC, nothing to do with site roam on the receive side.

Is the repeater a Motorola? Cross pollenating a K to a M takes a bit of work. The same DMR standards apply, but how they are implemented are another story.

Now I'm a little lean on NX-1300's so I will use my knowledge on the NX-3XXX series.

Try this, put your talkgroup(s) ID in the ID/STATUS LIST window under DMR GROUP ID LIST. Then go to the personality of the repeater in question and then set the CALL TYPE (SELCALL ON PTT) as group call. On the next column set the correct talkgroup from your ID list in NUMBER ON ID LIST (SELCALL ON PTT). You will have to make multiple personalities for every talkgroup ID you wish to use on that repeater. Then just assign the personalities to your zone/channel assignment.

Of course if the repeater is RAS enabled, all bets are off.

Clear as mud?
Thanks Ramal! I was a little crossed up. I speak Motorola, this is a whole new beast. I got it working on local and wide area calls, now to mess around with the sire roaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.