• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-210 Antenna Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4BLF

I am looking at all Antenna options for my NX-210 to try to get maximum range. I currently have the KRA-26 antenna on it, but am looking at the KRA-28 and KRA-25 antennas. I know rubber ducks are nothing more than dummy loads essentially anyway, but has anyone experienced any gain and performance increase with the KRA-28 and KRA-25 antennas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'm using the KRA-28 on my "shop" TK-5210 portable and it seems to work just fine. Comparable to the stock KRA-26. It's physically longer, so I think that is helping. Seems to work fine for my "play" stuff on 2 meters and the work stuff up to about 159MHz.

The PD I look after is using NX-210's. I spec'd the radios for them with the KRA-25. No complaints. I've got one shorter female officer who had issues with the longer antenna jabbing her in the arm pit, so we gave her a KRA-26.

Really hard to tell the difference between them. While I'm sure there is some on paper, it's hard to hear through the repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.