• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 HHCH, information has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
The following has been released with information about the HHCH Part Number KCH-21R

JVCKENWOOD announces the introduction of the new Handheld Control Head (HHCH) for the
NX-5000 Mobile series for use with P25, NXDN and DMR digital protocols. The new HHCH
allows for single-hand operation with the ability to control PTT, volume and channel selection.
The HHCH operation is similar to that of the KCH-19 and KCH-20R control heads, making the
operation intuitive to the user. It supports both single deck and multi-deck operation.

Main Features
• 1W Audio output
• Single Microphone Active Noise Cancelling
• 1.74 inch TFT LCD (same LCD as the NX-5000 portable)
• 14-Character Full Color Display / 5 Line included soft menu and icons
• Tri-Color LED Indicator (7 color programmable)
• Multi Head / Multi-Deck Configuration
• Built-in Bluetooth HSP(Headset Profile) & SPP(Serial Port Profile)
• Modular Data interface for radio programming, key loading and data I/O
• IP54/55 and MIL-810G

LIST:
KCH-21RM Handheld Control Head for long cable* $995.00
* Requires KCT-77M2 (17 feet)
KCT-77M2 Remote Control Cable for KCH-21RM (17 feet) $183.30
KCH-21RM-S Hand Held Control Head with short cable (4 feet) $995.00

Notes
• Bluetooth SPP License (KWD-5003BT) is NOT required for both KCH-21RM and connected RF Decks. KCH-
21RM has built-in Bluetooth SPP license that will also activate the connected RF Decks.
• KCH-21RM requires KCT-77M2, 17 ft. remote control cable, for installation.
• KCH-21RM-S is supplied with 4ft. remote cable which directly connects to KRK-15BH RF Deck Adapter.
KCT-77M2 cannot be attached to KCH-21RM-S.

CONTACT YOUR LOCAL KENWOOD DEALER FOR MORE INFORMATION

Attachments

• KCH-21RBrochureComp.pdf
    881 KB · Views: 541

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
They had that in Vegas, and it looked pretty nice. I can see some good applications for me at work.

What I didn't quite understand was the headphone jack on it. Seems a bit odd on a mobile radio, but maybe I'm missing something.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Description (I haven't seen the picture) reminds me of the Simoco SDM622 and GME CM60 control heads with the 1W speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Photo:

IMG_5130_zpsbr1fmj9w.jpg

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
What kind of connector are they using in the HHCH cable?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Hopefully, an independent source can be found for the connector. I think that connector will sustain a lot of abuse in its intended application.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully, an independent source can be found for the connector. I think that connector will sustain a lot of abuse in its intended application.

I will get with Kenwood Monday and find out, if I read it correctly, it is metallic.
We do not have it listed in our Service Manuals yet, so no luck looking there either.

Evans

ndejohn

Premium Subscriber
Photos of the KCH-21
374c8a961eb0886e260cad724f384337.jpg
88ada6c5b96a865c52f23043d874d086.jpg
7945ad69bfdc2cd72492feefd5527bf0.jpg
b3d472a32f2659e429df14c01814397e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

If the telephone jack is for programming, that is a very smart idea. I came from the Motorola XPR5550 line and I had their HHCH option and everytime I wanted to program my radios, I either had to connect through Bluetooth, or connect directly to the chassis. Major pain in the you know what!!

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that's for programming, and yes BT SPP is also available if you have that license also.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.