• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 / NX-3000 Software and Firmware update - 12-01-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
JVCKENWOOD announces the release of the NEXEDGE NX-3000 Series Firmware Version 1.20 and related Software KPG-D3N R1.20.
This firmware release includes the new DMR feature, DMR Auto Slot Select and KPG-D3N Personality Table improvement.

JVCKENWOOD announces the release of the NEXEDGE® NX-5000 Series Firmware Version 2.40 and
related Software KPG-D1NK R2.40.
This firmware release includes the new DMR feature, DMR Auto Slot Select.

Contact your local dealer / sales rep. for more information please.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Please oh please tell me import got fixed. Guess I'll have to update and see......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

LOL, takes forever for the server to respond, but I am downloading the files now Dave.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
The “DMR Auto Slot Select” function in the NX-5000 V2.4 and NX-3000 V1.2 allows the subscriber
unit (SU) to automatically switch when used with a DMR repeater. This functionality allows for
efficient slot usage without the user to having to change channels to use a different slot on said
repeater. The same Color Code (CC) must be applied to both Slot #1 and Slot #2.

NOTE: DMR Auto Slot Select functions in repeater mode only. DMR Auto Slot Select cannot be
programed on a channel configured for Direct mode operation. In the case of the use of the talk
around function the channel with the Auto Slot Select programming, the SU is fixed on Slot #1.

SAFFA

I wonder if this "auto slot select" will be available in the lower tier TK-D240 in the future?

I presume it's the same as hytera pseudo trunk.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
How will this work on poorly configured systems that use two timeslots as individual groups but with the same talkgroup id? I doubt it will handle it well.

I've ran into a ton of those systems--it's extremely infuriating.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
How will this work on poorly configured systems that use two timeslots as individual groups but with the same talkgroup id? I doubt it will handle it well.

I've ran into a ton of those systems--it's extremely infuriating.
I hear you, but that would be a radio shop key to getting a new service customer and make it correct. Just saying. But you can do it the same way now on a Kenwood, if that's what it took.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if this "auto slot select" will be available in the lower tier TK-D240 in the future?

I presume it's the same as hytera pseudo trunk.
I do not see it updated on 166 or 170. So for now, no, but don't hold me to it. Just has not been released.

Colton25

After updating to 2.40 on my 5700 I have noticed the clock no longer keeps time. I can write to the radio and it corrects the time but as soon as the radio cycles power the time is either blank or incorrect.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Can you video it doing that?
I'm working on another bug report.

Colton25

Yes can I email it to you? Also not sure if you read my other post in a different thread about the MDC ID’s being cleared from the screen as soon as a new signal is received regardless of how long I set the timer for. This seems to be a bug that has been common in all firmware releases.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Yes can I email it to you? Also not sure if you read my other post in a different thread about the MDC ID’s being cleared from the screen as soon as a new signal is received regardless of how long I set the timer for. This seems to be a bug that has been common in all firmware releases.
Not really a bug if you are in scan. I asked about it. They suggested having call ID stack turned on if you need to go look at who it was.

Colton25

Ok disregard then, just new to me. My X180 radios would always display the ID with scan being on or off.

Not really a bug if you are in scan. I asked about it. They suggested having call ID stack turned on if you need to go look at who it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.