• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 series DMR Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Hello to the group.

I did a search in regard to my question but was not able to find a thread.

I have several nx5000 series radios (both portables and dual deck mobile). My question is regarding the individual programming of dmr channels as they relate to the Brandmeister Amateur radio project.

Standard DMR conventional network or stand a lone repeaters work work fine.

Brandmeister repeater talkgroups seem to lock up my UHF deck or UHF portables. I program them identically to standard repeater talkgroups. Maybe there is a different method of entering these talkgroups.

On my radios, if a talkgroups on the system becomes active on a slot of that repeater, my display will stop on the first talkgroup that is programmed in that zone that uses that slot and will sit there with the green circles rotating. I will not receive any audio (because a different talkgroups is actually active, not the talkgroup that my radio is locked up on) the yellow musical tone icon will not show or be active (once again because the radio is locked up on a talkgroup that is not active).

Once again, this happens on actual repeaters operating on the Brandmeister Network System. I do not know if this occurs when attempting to use a talk group on a Shark RF Hot spot as I do not have one.

My personality if programmed as follows:

Does anyone else experience this sort of action on the DMR systems they use?

If you do not experience this on your dmr systems, would you mind sharing all the setting that you have selected and not selected on your dmr personalities.

I know I must have something incorrectly checked or not checked. My Motorola dmr radios do not lock up on incorrect talkgroups. Neither do the MD-380 or CS700 radios I have or have used.

Thank you for your time in this.

I appreciate any input you members can provide.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
It seams from my very limited testing that the NX5000 stop on the channel and stay until the signal goes away. They only open when the correct talkgroup transmits. I just read where this happens on P25 also.

RK3AAG

This is known issue ignored by Kenwood and their dealers. Kenwood will stop on ANY valid digital interface (DMR or P25) and will land scan (green LED). No other things, like GID, are compared with channel settings. So, it will keep silence and will remain landed. If transmittion repeats (e.g. IPSC or BM.network) scan counter will restart. And you will get radio that seats on channel virtually forever :)

I reported about similar issue here https://forums.radioreference.com/2665838-post9.html , but nobody understood my point. And most active RR dealer just said some crazy things and actually did nothing.

They do NOT understand how radio must work - both dealers and Kenwood. Looks like they don't use their radios and have never dealt with Motorola.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
DMR BUG / ISSUE

i will be testing the new firmware over the weekend that addresses the dmr issues of the radio locking up.

I have to submit my findings by Tuesday. I will keep you all posted.

Evans

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
ETSI information, OVCM

5.3.4.1 OVCM service description
To achieve the OVCM service a bit is used in the service options information element in order to set the call as OVCM or
not. This is illustrated in table 7.10.
Service options information element is present in call set-up signalling, Voice LC Header and Terminator with LC for each
type of voice call (Group and Individual).

Attachments

• ovcm_5_1.JPG
    ovcm_5_1.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.