• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5200 Bluetooth programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having issues with the Bluetooth programming. Radio has the KWD-5003BT key installed. Everything seems checked that can be for the bluetooth. I have changed the comport for programming to Bluetooth. Bluetooth is turned on and I can pair the radio and computer but get access denied. Attempting to read or write I get the connection beeps and then the radio disconnects within 3-5 seconds. Both radio and D1N are at 4.20. Any advise?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
You don't pair the radio to the PC to program it, you set D1 to BTSPP as the programming cable, and let the software find the radio via BT.

Let the software do the work.

It ended up being the comport for Bluetooth not set correctly in the serial interface under optional features 1. Thanks though.

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
I am having a similar problem. Could you tell me exactly how you set up the comport for Bluetooth under optional features 1?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
D1, you change the com port to BTSPP, to read, you let the pc find the radio, you dont pair the radio to the PC.

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
Hi Evans. I get that. What settings to use for Optional Features 1 - Serial Interface - Com port Bluetooth? When I try to read NX5700 via Bluetooth It connects and then quickly disconnects with an error. Thanks in advance.

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
I have that checked. I must be missing something simple. This is my first radio using this software. It is a big learning curve. Hope to see you at Orlando. Thanks a bunch.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
i will be there saturday for sure! I will bring my laptop to double check it for you. Allegedly I will be at a table somewhere in the swap building

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the offer. Mine is an NX5700 mobile so it will be in the truck. I may bring my laptop to you to see if I have everything set right. Either way I have some other questions I would like to ask you when I see you. Thanks again.

Bill1957

Thanks for the offer. Mine is an NX5700 mobile so it will be in the truck. I may bring my laptop to you to see if I have everything set right. Either way I have some other questions I would like to ask you when I see you. Thanks again.
Anyone figure out the connect and quick disconnect with the bluetooth programming?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
right now, he is checking to see what firmware he has in it. Met with him at the hamfest in Orlando

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
Hey Evans. I sent you an email with my radio configuration. I have firmware 4.00.00 and cps v 4.20.

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
Yep. Finally got it going. A local friend helped me get it set up. Apparently I did not have Bluetooth (Rf Deck/Control Head 1) clicked under Optional Features 2 clicked. Don't know how I missed that. So many options in the software, ha ha. Thanks for all the help. I am loving this radio.
'

Status
Not open for further replies.