• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX 5700H question about speaker setup

Ofdpt23

Hello. I am currently in the process of programming new fleet radios in two of our ambulances. the way the radio is currently set up in the truck is there is dual heads, one in the cab, and the other in the back of the ambo. I am trying to set it up so when the EMT in the back is giving a report, the driver can monitor the transmission as they are speaking. I have figured out how to get it do so such, however when volume on either control head is turned up, it creates a great deal of feedback. This is somethign we have not had issues with on our other trucks. Am I missing something in the settings? Attached to this fourm post is a screen shot of the section of the programming software in which deals with this topic. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thank you

nx5700 program.jpg

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Only had a short review, is the speaker pointed towards the talk-thru window?? if so, relocate the speaking in the front.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Evans is correct. Isolation between the speaker and mic is the best bet. Besides relocating the speaker you can look at settings for the microphone in the Audio Profile. It has provisions for mic gain and there is other stuff in the Active Noise Cancelation section that may help. I couldn't give you a lead though as I haven't played around in that section much. Advice, save the default settings in case you really booger things up.

Ofdpt23

I will definately look into this. Thank you for replying. These nx radios are upgrades from what was in here before ((I wanna say tk-790ish)). When we had those radios in here, we didn't have that sort of feedback. The external speakers are in close proximity to where the mic is. If push comes to shove, I'll just deactivate the monitoring when transmitting and let that be that.

In unit 1, the front speaker is between the dash and the switch console (pointing towards th e dash). Rear speaker is on the driver side wall pointing towards the door.

Unit 3, the fro t speaker is located down by the passenger side legs pointing towards the door. Rear is the same as 1 above.

Again, I will look into the advanced audio settings and active noise canceling mentioned before, and ill compare with the programming from the older radio. Perhaps I can come up with a solution.

Thank you.