• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-700/800 Repeater Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Ok! I will that a try after while! I have about 2 feet between antennas right now but have more space to separate further.

Vertical separation (one antenna above the other) is more effective than horizontal separation (antennas beside each other. But, it can take quite a bit of separation to reduce desense enough to let the system work as well as it can.

A properly tuned mobile duplexer is a more effective approach.

WQVC723

Feed Provider
Vertical separation (one antenna above the other) is more effective than horizontal separation (antennas beside each other. But, it can take quite a bit of separation to reduce desense enough to let the system work as well as it can.

A properly tuned mobile duplexer is a more effective approach.
I will see if I can find a mobile duplexer online then. I can get more vertical separation but may end up going with a duplexer. I really was more interested in a cross band repeater when I started this project that has turned into a how many radios can I get to do mobile repeating. But I will look around eBay and see what I can find for a mobile duplexer.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I will see if I can find a mobile duplexer online then. I can get more vertical separation but may end up going with a duplexer. I really was more interested in a cross band repeater when I started this project that has turned into a how many radios can I get to do mobile repeating. But I will look around eBay and see what I can find for a mobile duplexer.

You will get better results with the duplexer. It’s a pain in the rear to use two antennas, with out the right amount of verticals separation along with filtering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordo2114

Any advice welcome.......So I got my mobile setup working with 2 NX series radios just as described above.....And it works great !! Except i am having one little hang up.... When I shutdown 1 radio the other keys up ......I think this is because the TOR and EXT PTT is looking for a low signal and when one radio powers down the other perceives this as a LOW input. I noticed I cannot change the settings in the radio to trigger on a High input as it is grayed out in the program. Anybody else experience this problem or know of a work around? Other than that it works great thanks !

WQVC723

Feed Provider
Any advice welcome.......So I got my mobile setup working with 2 NX series radios just as described above.....And it works great !! Except i am having one little hang up.... When I shutdown 1 radio the other keys up ......I think this is because the TOR and EXT PTT is looking for a low signal and when one radio powers down the other perceives this as a LOW input. I noticed I cannot change the settings in the radio to trigger on a High input as it is grayed out in the program. Anybody else experience this problem or know of a work around? Other than that it works great thanks !
I have that problem as well. I just power down both radios and when I power one back up it quits.

Jordo2114

Yeah I was hoping we could find a permanent solution I think I could do it with some relays .........

WQVC723

Feed Provider
Yeah I was hoping we could find a permanent solution I think I could do it with some relays .........
If you can please post it. I’d love to find a way. I’m going to add switches to mine to be able to turn the repeater feature on and off. So that may be my solution to the problem.

Jordo2114

Yep I was sort of thinking the same thing with a few relays I could program a key on front panel and use another AUX Out to make the repeater on and off capable......

Status
Not open for further replies.