• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

nx1200 full keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
are the nx12/1300 available with a full keypad? one website shows it, the American site says only partial keypad.
Also can I get the wide band programming?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
at this current time, only limited is available in the US (per the current price guide)

And yes, I have Wide Band Keys

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Like most Kenwood's, they can be programmed for wideband where appropriate:

In KPG-D6N, 25.0 kHz cannot be configured if a receive frequency or a transmit frequency is configured in the​
following ranges:​
VHF: above 149.98750 MHz and less than 174.01250 MHz​
UHF: above 420.98750 MHz and less than 470.01250 MHz​
However, if only a receive frequency is configured, 25.0 kHz can be configured for Channel Spacing regardless of these frequency ranges.​

If you are going to use a VHF model for 2 meters, it'll do it.
If you want to use a UHF model on 70cm or on GMRS, you'll need it to be blessed with a wide band key.

Binger511

Feed Provider
I feel like someone already said this before in another thread, but any idea on if or when KW will release a mobile version for the NX 1X00? If its going off previous series, I can't recall too many portables that didn't have a mobile counterpart or vice versa. (not counting the Protalk lineup)

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I don't know. I've been wondering that too.
As of January, they still had TK-7302's on the list. That sort of fills the low tier mobile market, but is analog only.
NX-3720's are not that expensive, and other than dropping the trunking capability, not much they could really cut to lower costs, unless they dropped the LCD display, or went with a smaller display.
With the chip shortage, I'm wondering if new products are sort of on hold for a while.

With Kenwood MIA from APCO and IWCE, it'll probably be next spring before we see anything new. The Kenwood rep I got most of my info from recently retired and I haven't met with his replacement yet.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
per inside people, not likely on a 1000 series full keypad, at this time.

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
This was posted last week on Dealer Tools. Not sure when they will be available, the KPG-D6N has not been updated yet.

NX-1200NV/1300NU K3/K6

A SINGULAR SOLUTION
If you are thinking of harnessing the latest digital protocols – NXDN or DMR – to enhance business efficiency or FM analog for its simplicity, the NEXEDGE NX-1200NV/1300NU radios have you covered. Our singular solution offers the widest selection of two-way radios for everyday use. The model offers full keypad, a high-contrast backlit LCD, and IEC 60529 - IP67 waterproof. Other features include a 7-color LED indicator and the popular KENWOOD 2-pin audio accessory connector. Plus, mixed-mode operation ensures seamless integration with legacy radios while smoothing the onward migration path to digital. But whatever your specific needs, audio quality is what determines clear voice communications – which is why KENWOOD radios are used under the most grueling conditions, like the cockpit of a racing car. Thanks to our extensive experience with professional systems, reliability is second to none. So whatever your radio requirements, KENWOOD’s NEXEDGE NX-1200NV/1300NU radios offer a single platform that’s right for you.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Marketing speak.

They usually have a couple of different marketing focuses for the lower tier radios. Often you'll see the marketing aimed at retail, education, business and/or industrial.
Kenwood used to have brochures aimed at different markets that the sales dudes could pull out based on the need.
Sounds like they are focusing on that market at the moment. Wait a few weeks and you'll see it aimed at school security, small businesses, etc.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
"...which is why KENWOOD radios are used under the most grueling conditions, like the cockpit of a racing car."
I don't think this little piece of marketing speak is suggesting that the NX1200 is intended for the "cockpit of a racing car". Instead I think the statement is trying to instill a sense of Kenwood ruggedness. BTW, Kenwood has, in the past, bought sponsorship space on race cars and may have provided some equipment. Seems like they were associated with the McLaren Formula 1 team at one time. But, F1 is mostly TETRA now.

Status
Not open for further replies.