• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Nx300

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace161s

Premium Subscriber
Just got new nx300 radios for our fire department. I am in need of the kpg111d software and a programing cable. Does it matter what software version i get? And what is the best cable to purchase
Thanks
Bruce

grem467

Did your department not order the cables and software? Who is currently programming your radios? They should have the software available.

If this is an agency radio, I would highly recommend not reprogramming it.

ace161s

Premium Subscriber
They were programmed from the dealer. The dealer has takin over three months to get us the radios which is completely unaccepable. I am currently the radio programmer for all of our motorola radios. And on top of the wait the dealer did not program the radio to my requestrd frequencies an zone arrangements.

CommJunkie

They were programmed from the dealer. The dealer has takin over three months to get us the radios which is completely unaccepable. I am currently the radio programmer for all of our motorola radios. And on top of the wait the dealer did not program the radio to my requestrd frequencies an zone arrangements.

Kenwood software is not restricted like Motorola. Anyone can have and use Kenwood software. Your dealer should sell it to you no questions asked. If they won't, the local dealer to me is Baycomm (Two-Way Radios-BayComm, Inc.). Ermanno is very helpful and can and will sell you the program and needed cables.

racingfan360

ace161s

What model type do you have? (it's printed on the back under the battery: is it a 300K, K2, K3?)

Also what firmware are you running? (hold the uppermost small side button in - the one immediately under the PTT button - and power the unit on): What does the display say?

Jim

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Just got new nx300 radios for our fire department. I am in need of the kpg111d software and a programing cable. Does it matter what software version i get? And what is the best cable to purchase
Thanks
Bruce

The version of KPG-111DN you need depends on the firmware version of the radio. 4.40 is the latest version and would be required if you have the latest firmware. Older versions of software are not necessarily compatible with newer firmware versions.
Best choice for the programming cable is the Kenwood brand, although there are supposedly good aftermarket ones out there. Cheap aftermarket cables can create issues, so I wouldn't recommend buying the cheapest one you find.

Your dealer is the issue here, and I'd suggest finding another one if this is how they are treating you.

ace161s

Premium Subscriber
ace161s

What model type do you have? (it's printed on the back under the battery: is it a 300K, K2, K3?)

Also what firmware are you running? (hold the uppermost small side button in - the one immediately under the PTT button - and power the unit on): What does the display say?

Jim

The model is a 300k. The firmware is K 4.00.00. So that means i need the newest software.

Status
Not open for further replies.