• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Nx3300 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

maurycofire

Good afternoon,

I feel like I’ve asked a bazillion questions over the past week but these new radios are just giving me a hard time.

First, I cannot get my radio to program over Bluetooth. I went to the com port, changed it to Bluetooth. I found the radio and when I go back and attempt to program the radio connect and quickly disconnect and say failed to program. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Second, Is there anyway to set custom voice prompts. For example if I change the channel can I make it say main dispatch channel 1 for examplIs there anyway to sit custom voice prompts. For example if I change the channel can I make it say “main dispatch?” Thanks in advance for all the help, the guys here been great and help me work through all my problems.

Binger511

Feed Provider
For Bluetooth, do you have the license key upgrade for Bluetooth? The radios support Bluetooth for say a headset or something of that nature out of the box, but not over-the-air programming.

As for the custom voice prompts yes, you'd need to go to "Tools", (up at the top)>Voice Announcement Library. Then to set a voice prompt to a channel you'd have to go to Special settings> Customization>Voice Announcement

Hope that answers something.

Status
Not open for further replies.