nxden from uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnk9deputy

Premium Subscriber
I have not kept up with what's been going on in the forms with uniden, so I am sorry if this question has been asked before. but does anyone know or have Uniden said anything about doing software to
receive the nexden frequency?

thank you

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Moved, as this is not a Community Announcement or News.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Short answer - they've said nothing.
Very true. I also would like to see the upgrade offered.

While I have no quarrel with the "no announcement of pending upgrades", I admit to being curious as to why the delay. Is something in the 436/536 design prohibitive of enabling NXDN? The other possibility I have wondered about is if Uniden has not been able to negotiate a rights/royalty agreement on the feature.

Whistler has focused DMR & NXDN upgrades on receiving the related emission codes, not in actually trunk tracking the systems. For the low to medium activity systems I monitor, it works reasonably well. For both DMR & ProVoice, UPMan has indicated that they are paying royalties for each upgraded scanner. That, plus I would presume development cost, are parts of the reasons for the paid upgrades. If they are unable to reach a similar agreement on the NXDN trunking IP, then that may preclude the option being added. I would hope, if that is the case, Uniden would fall back to an emissions code format similar to Whistler's.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
436 works way too well at detecting nxdn transmissions in close call mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Keep in mind that UPMan is notoriously silent on any upcoming upgrades until they are about to be released. In this case, Uniden would be playing catch-up since Whistler already has NXDN for their scanners, but nevertheless even if Uniden was developing something for NXDN, they won't say.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.