• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NXDN 2-Tone Digital Paging Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

trwmodela

Working on KPG-D3N programming NXDN digital for 2-Tone Signaling. This is the new system Towns County, GA is using for Public Safety. With great assistance all of the Fire Station, Tone Pairs have been decoded except one. I am looking for the feature of setting it to Silent Paging only and Monitor with Paging ON. During the day I listen to the frequency with 2-Tone Alerting ON. At night I only want Silent 2-Tone Alerting for certain tone pairs I have already programmed. Setting the signaling options in analog for NX-200 & NX-220 I have done without issues.

Thanks for all the Help,
Tim

Attachments

• NXDN Signaling4.JPG
    NXDN Signaling4.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 48
  • NXDN Signaling3.JPG
    NXDN Signaling3.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 52
  • NXDN Signaling2.JPG
    NXDN Signaling2.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 46
  • NXDN Signaling.JPG
    NXDN Signaling.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 42

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
You'll want AND signalling (not OR) for the radio to be quiet unless the correct pair is dropped (picture 1). You'll need two systems--one with AND for silent operation and one with OR for normal with alerting.

trwmodela

You'll want AND signalling (not OR) for the radio to be quiet unless the correct pair is dropped (picture 1). You'll need two systems--one with AND for silent operation and one with OR for normal with alerting.
That’s fine and works for analog signals, but it’s NXDN digital.

trwmodela

Some Success after thinking it over last night.

NXDN has Audio Control option RAN and Optional Signaling. This would allow the portable to Tone Alerting after receiving the RAN and 2-Tone pairs. Now, I need to find a way to have RAN or Optional Signaling like the Analog programming permits.

Attachments

• NXDN Signaling5.JPG
    NXDN Signaling5.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 11

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't just plain RAN do what you want? The optional signalling if specified should still alert the radio, but has no control over receive audio.

trwmodela

Wouldn't just plain RAN do what you want? The optional signalling if specified should still alert the radio, but has no control over receive audio.
Maybe as that's the only option that makes sense at the moment.

System Properties>Systems>Personalities does allow me set Optional Signaling (NXDN) for a each frequency, example (2-tone 1).

Audio Control set to RAN should monitor the channel and maybe allow Optional Signaling?

RAN and Optional Signaling
will silent the frequency and provide 2-Tone Signaling similar to Analog programming.

My arrival in Towns County, GA this summer is early June. Just trying to do my best at getting the NX-3220 programmed ahead of time.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.